JaneB

Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, chara said:

Not as an argument but...as an Israeli citizen of Jewish faith..... Huh?........ We make certain regular charitable donations.....Wounded Warriors here and RNLI in UK.....among others...  our choice..... my follow up regarding donations I have deleted before I type it....to nasty even for me........

I respect your views regarding not caring to support.....Freedom comes in many forms.

Repeat ..a comment not a basis for argument.

Not heard anything to confirm that RA has jewish "faith".  Some heritage perhaps.  I guess I understand full well why people misunderstand what being being a Russian Oligarch means in general or in RA's particular circumstance.  There was a willing set of accomplices trying to blacken his name and a willing media to help them.  On the other hand I struggle to understand that the intelligent people on this site do not recognise what being close to the Israeli government implies, even though our media do their best to avoid the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not heard anything to confirm that RA has jewish "faith".  Some heritage perhaps.  I guess I understand full well why people misunderstand what being being a Russian Oligarch means in general or in RA's particular circumstance.  There was a willing set of accomplices trying to blacken his name and a willing media to help them.  On the other hand I struggle to understand that the intelligent people on this site do not recognise what being close to the Israeli government implies, even though our media do their best to avoid the topic.

I guess my somewhat cynical view of the World doesn't come across too well on a football forum. 

I was less defending Roman than trying to illustrate that nothing is a simple as "good guy"/"bad guy" although it is hard to accept the Saudi connection as anything but a calculated political action...Never mind the quality..just buy the shirt.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
30 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So without looking it up, I'm guessing this is statistically our toughest away fixture in PL History with the least points return per game.

Quite probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROTG   

Some of the Chelsea team of the past went to jelly when playing at st James.

It’s one of life’s conundrums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite probably

 

38 minutes ago, FREEBOOT-RIGHTZ said:

Some of the Chelsea team of the past went to jelly when playing at st James.

It’s one of life’s conundrums 

Just looked it up in further detail.

In the last 10 years, we have won there twice. (They were only absent from the PL for 1 season). 

Our current squad has only ever won there once, if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So without looking it up, I'm guessing this is statistically our toughest away fixture in PL History with the least points return per game.

Well, one would think so, but historicaly they're our 7th "worst away coefficient" (number of losses divided on number of games - all away)

(not only PL, but all league matches played)

I have not counted the clubs played 5times or fewer (Scunthorpe,Bury,Bristol Rovers,Rotherham,Wrexham,Brentford)

Liverpool, 78 games, 48 defeats = 61,5% coefficient

Leeds, 46 games, 28 defeats = 60,9%

Huddersfield, 30 games, 17 defeats = 56,7%

Notts County, 16 games, 9 defeats = 56,3%

Preston, 35 games, 19 defeats, 54,3%

Oldham, 24 games, 13 defeats = 54,2%

Newcastle, 75 games, 39 defeats = 52%

 

In the other end of the scale, the club we have fewest defeats away(reasonable number of games): Barnsley (15 games, 1 defeat = 6,7%)

And our "friends" down Fulham rd: Fulham (37 games, 5 defeats = 13,5%)

 

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C._league_record_by_opponent

 

 

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Well, one would think so, but historicaly they're our 7th "worst away coefficient" (number of losses divided on number of games - all away)

(not only PL, but all league matches played)

I have not counted the clubs played 5times or fewer (Scunthorpe,Bury,Bristol Rovers,Rotherham,Wrexham,Brentford)

Liverpool, 78 games, 48 defeats = 61,5% coefficient

Leeds, 46 games, 28 defeats = 60,9%

Huddersfield, 30 games, 17 defeats = 56,7%

Notts County, 16 games, 9 defeats = 56,3%

Preston, 35 games, 19 defeats, 54,3%

Oldham, 24 games, 13 defeats = 54,2%

Newcastle, 75 games, 39 defeats = 52%

 

In the other end of the scale, the club we have fewest defeats away(reasonable number of games): Barnsley (15 games, 1 defeat = 6,7%)

And our "friends" down Fulham rd: Fulham (37 games, 5 defeats = 13,5%)

 

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C._league_record_by_opponent

 

 

If you discount pre premier league, then Newcastle become 3rd worst

Leeds were out of the division from 2004 until recently, when we were at our strongest, so in terms of terms we have played regularly and recently, then Newcastle are second worst, and they haven't been any good for 15 years or more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   

Referee: Paul Tierney

Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis and Neil Davies

4th Official: Martin Atkinson

VAR: David Coote

Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now