JaneB

Malmo FF 0 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   
On 04/11/2021 at 0:30 PM, Droy was my hero said:

It is probably fair to say that with 70% possession frequently, we should be scoring more, but that to me implies we should be creating more clear cut chances rather than finishing the ones we have.  In other words I think it would be fairer to criticise the last pass or cross rather than the finishing.

You could also argue that the 70% posession is Arsenal-esque in that there is an awful lot of aimless passing around looking for an opening, avoiding giving the ball away as opposed to the days when Hazard used to run straight at the defense. No idea what the stats would show but I have the impression that we would have converted a higher percentage of chances back then. Wherther or not overall that would have resulted in a greater number of goals I have no idea. I suppose it comes down to the type of football you like watching.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

You could also argue that the 70% posession is Arsenal-esque in that there is an awful lot of aimless passing around looking for an opening, avoiding giving the ball away as opposed to the days when Hazard used to run straight at the defense. No idea what the stats would show but I have the impression that we would have converted a higher percentage of chances back then. Wherther or not overall that would have resulted in a greater number of goals I have no idea. I suppose it comes down to the type of football you like watching.

It does seem we are finishing chances though.
I think we are converging on the point where we enter the box as the critical area rather than before (winning possession) or after (finishing).
That might well be the cost of playing WBs in effectively winger or AM positions.