JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 6th November 2021 (Local UK time/date)

So. How do we treat the Malmo game while not losing sight of the league? It’s tricky, Malmo should be a game where we win with the back-ups but if we don’t, the group all of a sudden looks harder - especially if Zenit surprised away to Juve. 

But the league has to come first. 

Strong XI for me;

Mendy; Christensen, Silva, Rudiger; James, Kante, Kovacic, Chilwell; Hudson-Odoi, Mount; Havertz

Diddymen   
21 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So. How do we treat the Malmo game while not losing sight of the league? It’s tricky, Malmo should be a game where we win with the back-ups but if we don’t, the group all of a sudden looks harder - especially if Zenit surprised away to Juve. 

Strong XI for me;

Mendy; Christensen, Silva, Rudiger; James, Kante, Kovacic, Chilwell; Hudson-Odoi, Mount; Havertz

Kova is out injured

21 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Strong XI for me;

The 2nd string should be beating Malmo comfortably. 

5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The 2nd string should be beating Malmo comfortably. 

5 subs, and to hell with the feelings of the players if we aren't 2 up at h/t.

• Like 1

Holymoly   

The last game before yet another international break. Full strength side for both games and let the national sides deal with exhaustion.

Diddymen   
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

The last game before yet another international break. Full strength side for both games and let the national sides deal with exhaustion.

at least Werner, Lukaku, Kova and maybe even Pulisic are not off with their international sides.

If we were to get three points on Saturday that would be a fantastic set of results (admittedly against the bottom sides) before the international break

We’re in tremendous form, we’ve picked up the best habits you can have in football, winning and clean sheets, so let’s hope we continue it this weekend before the international break.

Strange having another 3pm kick off, but we’re at home against a poor Burnley side, so an early goal will make things much easier you would hope. Let’s go at then. Hope Mount is fit.

Mendy

Christensen - Silva - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - RLC - Chilwell

Mount - Havertz -CHO

I think CHO deserves another start and so does RLC, but wouldn’t be surprised to see Kante back in and RLC on the bench. I think both players must be in the thoughts of Southgate, so we may lose even more to the international teams this time around.

• Like 1