JaneB

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

This place is truly baffling at times.

Very disappointing result, would have destroyed them with Lukaku playing, which is ironic considering some of the recent comments about him.

Fight for top 4 because we don't score enough goals? 2nd highest scorers in the league with 27 in 11 games.

Mind boggling how some react to a poor result.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah, just wait til we get our non scoring strikers back .

If it wasn't for our defenders bailing us out as much as they have, we'd be midtable and TT would be under more pressure than Ole.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah, just wait til we get our non scoring strikers back .

We scored 7 vs Norwich and 3 at St. James, and we complained about our non scoring strikers. Meanwhile defending champions City won today from an own goal plus one from a midfielder and I bet they are happy.  They are one of the favorites by the way. What am I missing? 

We don't have a given right to win every game, BUT once you get in front against a team that was sent out to try and not lose, you should be able to hang on.

A question for TT, when you know you've got 3 subs why not use them?most sensible people know while it's only 1-0, there's always a chance that the opposition can fluke a goal no matter how many chances we had.

so once again the manager waits for the opposition to score then expects Mount and pulisic to try and win it with 5 mins to go, they should have been on in the 70th minute, it looked like the players on the pitch played like the game was over, and in the end we nearly lost it

Just now, boratsbrother said:

If it wasn't for our defenders bailing us out as much as they have, we'd be midtable and TT would be under more pressure than Ole.

Aren’t defenders part of the team? Also, in a 5 back system, your wingbacks are expected to be part of the attack in terms of goals and assists. So why the moaning about ‘defenders’ scoring goals? 

• Like 1

Just now, MikelBlue said:

We scored 7 vs Norwich and 3 at St. James, and we complained about our non scoring strikers. Meanwhile defending champions City won today from an own goal plus one from a midfielder and I bet they are happy.  They are one of the favorites by the way. What am I missing? 

How many did Lukaku and Werner get in those two games then ? 

Remind me 

And City have absolutely no strikers other than Jesus who's on the right wing and Sterling on the bench and of course they're happy , I watched the game and they faffed about all afternoon with no cutting edge and still won .

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

This place is truly baffling at times.

Very disappointing result, would have destroyed them with Lukaku playing, which is ironic considering some of the recent comments about him.

Fight for top 4 because we don't score enough goals? 2nd highest scorers in the league with 27 in 11 games.

Mind boggling how some react to a poor result.

Not including pens. How many goals have come from our midfielders and strikers?  It's a complete freak  to have a team top of the league with so few goals coming from its midfielders and strikers.

Freakish runs dont last for long and what we're doing is unsustainable over a season. If goals dry up from our back 5, then we're in big trouble!

2 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

We don't have a given right to win every game, BUT once you get in front against a team that was sent out to try and not lose, you should be able to hang on.

A question for TT, when you know you've got 3 subs why not use them?most sensible people know while it's only 1-0, there's always a chance that the opposition can fluke a goal no matter how many chances we had.

so once again the manager waits for the opposition to score then expects Mount and pulisic to try and win it with 5 mins to go, they should have been on in the 70th minute, it looked like the players on the pitch played like the game was over, and in the end we nearly lost it

Along with the missed chances, TT’s indecision with subs played a role in today’s result. He couldn’t make up his mind whether to attack or defend towards the end - especially given Sam Dyche was obviously rolling the dice with his subs. The RLC for Barkley sub was neither here nor there and left us unbalanced defensively in the middle b/c RLC cannot play the Mount role for TT.  That said on another day it goes unnoticed but today we were punished. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How many did Lukaku and Werner get in those two games then ? 

Remind me 

And City have absolutely no strikers other than Jesus who's on the right wing and Sterling on the bench and of course they're happy , I watched the game and they faffed about all afternoon with no cutting edge and still won .

My point is City has had no striker since last season and they are the defending champions. I prefer a 20+ goal a season striker but not having one doesn’t summarily mean you have no chance in a title race. 

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We don’t have a god-given right to win every game.  We created a load of chances but were really wasteful with the finishing.  It happens.

We certainly don't have a God given right to win every game but we do have a god given right to say where we think our weaknesses are. The trouble is, if you point them out after a victory you are laughed off the forum and if you point them out after dropped points its classed as an "over reaction", so you can't win. 

I'll say it again. As it stands so far this season , with over 25% of games gone, our forward players are wasteful and not doing enough. Nice to see Havertz score but it wasn't enough..one goal often isn't. We can't expect defenders to pull us out of a hole every week as I said after the last game ...its not their main job. James is our top scorer. 

TT has a problem. Its not a huge horrific one but it will cost us the title, which I feel is within our grasp this season. 

We have all our eggs in Lukaku shaped basket right now. 

What's the answer? Not sure. Change formation? Play Alonso as a forward off Lukaku? Buy Hazard in the Jan window? Or just hope the forwards we have, come good soon. 

Just throwing stuff out there. 

• Like 1