JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

So you ignored it to pursue a counter-argument against an argument no one is really making, I.e. 10 goals is okay from a £97m striker.

Chelsea's m.o. right now is to win major titles. If Lukaku contributes to that happening, he'll have done what he's been brought here to do. Even if his individual output isn't what was hoped for. The same would be true of any player or signing.

BTW, I haven't said anything about what I'd "accept" or Lukaku's size. 

No, you did argue that Lukaku would be worth the money if he scored 10-15 goals, which then does mean you'd be happy with a 10 goal return. And a further no to us winning a major title would justify his signing. I would argue very strongly that even in seasons when a team wins one of the big 2,  it should always look at the weakest link and look to improve on it. With all his short-comings as  a player, along with the transfer fee, 10-15 goals against dross and going missing in the big games, shouldn't be near a good enough return. Absolute bare minimum should be 25 + .

paulw66   
50 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

No, you did argue that Lukaku would be worth the money if he scored 10-15 goals, which then does mean you'd be happy with a 10 goal return. And a further no to us winning a major title would justify his signing. I would argue very strongly that even in seasons when a team wins one of the big 2,  it should always look at the weakest link and look to improve on it. With all his short-comings as  a player, along with the transfer fee, 10-15 goals against dross and going missing in the big games, shouldn't be near a good enough return. Absolute bare minimum should be 25 + .

Which is exactly what we did. 

Funny how we won the league twice with Drogba scoring 10 and 12 goals and he only scored 20+ twice in 9 years 

Edited by Martin1905

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Funny how we won the league twice with Drogba scoring 10 and 12 goals and he only scored 20+ twice in 9 years 

And one of those, we didn't win it

paulw66   

What is more interesting, is that we have had 17 different goalscorers already, and 12 of those have 2 or more. Astonishing really.

Goals everywhere. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Read as much as the first four words and then stopped bothering. Which, it seems, is four more words than you've read in any of my posts you've replied to. 

For what it's worth, I'm fine with Lukaku scoring 6 goals if we win the league. Anyone who isn't is watching the wrong sport.

VA96   

When was the last time a player scored 25+ goals, Salah 17/18? Feel goals have been distributed out more in recent years and we've made a good start at that!