JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

42 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If we perform as we did against Burnley I would be happy, as 9/10 that ends up with a comfortable 3 point win. 

But that was the match before the break, last game immediately after an international break was Brentford.

If we play as badly as we did against Brentford I am very worried.  We were outplayed and got very very lucky.

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If we perform as we did against Burnley I would be happy, as 9/10 that ends up with a comfortable 3 point win. 

I take it that you are joking. Or are we now back to the Ruud Gullit days when we could play well and not win a match? 

We crested a few half chances against Burnley, fell asleep defensively in the 80th minute, and did (pretty much) nothing after they equalised. Is that what you want against Leicester? 

My apology to Ruud Gullit, for the comparison. I stumbled into the "we played well" party. Even the chance that fell to Barkley had several players defending Burnley's goal. 

TT outsmarted his own self. A simple formation that realaes wde men would have destroyed Burnley. Instead he concocted this thing which ended up with a double 9 of CHO and Barkley, with James and Chilwell running up and down the flanks all afternoon, got tired and let in the equaliser. If it worked he's a genius. But it didn't.

Edited by Blue Rod

On 13/11/2021 at 3:15 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think we will wipe the floor with them. They are over rated. 

It's a bit harsh to call them over rated. They've not got off to a good start this season, but they've been a consistently good, top 6 team for a good number of seasons now. Their slow start maybe down to Vardy's legs starting to go or maybe even the feling Rodgers has taken them as far as he can?

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

I take it that you are joking. Or are we now back to the Ruud Gullit days when we could play well and not win a match? 

We crested a few half chances against Burnley, fell asleep defensively in the 80th minute, and did (pretty much) nothing after they equalised. Is that what you want against Leicester? 

My apology to Ruud Gullit, for the comparison. I stumbled into the "we played well" party. Even the chance that fell to Barkley had several players defending Burnley's goal. 

TT outsmarted his own self. A simple formation that realaes wde men would have destroyed Burnley. Instead he concocted this thing which ended up with a double 9 of CHO and Barkley, with James and Chilwell running up and down the flanks all afternoon, got tired and let in the equaliser. If it worked he's a genius. But it didn't.

Yeah, the number of shots at goal against Burnley were not a good example of us creating loads of great chances. The large majority of efforts were hit and hope or half chances like the one CHO had at an angle and with keeper to beat. I'd only class that type of chance as a good one for a Salah level forward.

14 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Any news on if Lukaku, Werner or Kovacic are likely to be fit for this one? 

I imagine we'll have to wait until players come back to training and photos emerge of the sessions, but the big clue will come during the press conference on Friday. Until then, we'll all just have to wait patiently.

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Yeah, the number of shots at goal against Burnley were not a good example of us creating loads of great chances. The large majority of efforts were hit and hope or half chances like the one CHO had at an angle and with keeper to beat. I'd only class that type of chance as a good one for a Salah level forward.

Really?

Christensen had a free header from a CHO cross that he missed the target with

Silva had a free header from a corner that he mistimed and hit his shoulder and hit the post

CHO had a shot saved and albeit from a tight angle, just had to hit the target with the rebound, with the GK lying on the floor

CHO cut inside early in the second half and shot straight at the GK with his left foot

Barkley had the goal at his mercy and blazed the ball into Putney.

Our expected goals (not that I like it) was similar to that in the games against Norwich and Newcastle. 

VA96   
6 hours ago, bert19 said:

Any news on if Lukaku, Werner or Kovacic are likely to be fit for this one? 

Rom back training individually today, small steps. Hopefully back for Utd (?)

Diddymen   
14 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Would be a shame if he wasnt ready for the Juve match on Tuesday

34 minutes ago, VA96 said:

And which manager for Man U?
Assuming they have missed the chance to bring in the new guy this break ahead of Watford, then they have Villareal in CL, and us the following Saturday.
My guess is that any new guy would want to start after our game, so we should get a miserable OGS.
And unlike Farke at Norwich, I can't see their players making an effort to give OGS a winning send-off.