JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Precisely. I could half understand it if a different 9 had come in and scored a hatful of goals...

I actually like fact that the goals have been coming from everywhere. It gives the opposition too many problems to solve.

What matters is the team is looking considerably better without Lukuka and I would certainly add without Kovacic as well.

More variety, fluidity, creativity and simply better to watch as well. 

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

What matters is the team is looking considerably better without Lukuka and I would certainly add without Kovacic as well.

More variety, fluidity, creativity and simply better to watch as well. 

So we are going to ignore that kai and mount barely had a pre-season and joined quite late which meant they started the season quite poorly. The fact that ziyech and puli were injured at the same time at the start of the season.

We are playing like a team because everyone is upto speed. Chilwell could not get a sniff at the start of the season and now has been one of the best players in the last 10 games, is that on Lukaku too?

Trying to put the blame squarely on Lukaku and kova for a slow start to the season (performance wise not result wise) is.... well LOL.

Specially since both were responsible for winning us games single handedly and start the momentum when others were settling in and getting upto it physically.

Edited by didierforever

4 hours ago, didierforever said:

So we are going to ignore that kai and mount barely had a pre-season and joined quite late which meant they started the season quite poorly. The fact that ziyech and puli were injured at the same time at the start of the season.

We are playing like a team because everyone is upto speed. Chilwell could not get a sniff at the start of the season and now has been one of the best players in the last 10 games, is that on Lukaku too?

Trying to put the blame squarely on Lukaku and kova for a slow start to the season (performance wise not result wise) is.... well LOL.

Specially since both were responsible for winning us games single handedly and start the momentum when others were settling in and getting upto it physically.

Putting Lukaku back in the starting 11 will significantly change the way we are playing now. It sounds like you'd be quite happy to see us stop playing like we did last night. Even Allegri was saying Chelsea are better without Lukaku.

I've long been a critic of Kovacic and always said our team would play better football without him in the starting 11...and bingo!

Kante, Jorginho & Kova has never worked well enough!

Edited by boratsbrother

Putting Lukaku back in the starting 11 will significantly change the way we are playing now. It sounds like you'd be quite happy to see us stop playing like we did last night. Even Allegri was saying Chelsea are better without Lukaku.

I've long been a critic of Kovacic and always said our team would play better football without him in the starting 11...and bingo!

Kante, Jorginho & Kova has never worked well enough!

Were not you the guy who was trashing the team just 2 games ago against Burnley? About the play not being good enough? Playing style does not fluctuate with one poor result. It's just the margins of error that are so less, that a result can be a 5-0 win or a 1-1 based on a couple of key moments. 

Lukaku will make the team better because he will be in far more dangerous positions than kai/pulisic. 

5 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Were not you the guy who was trashing the team just 2 games ago against Burnley? About the play not being good enough? Playing style does not fluctuate with one poor result. It's just the margins of error that are so less, that a result can be a 5-0 win or a 1-1 based on a couple of key moments. 

Lukaku will make the team better because he will be in far more dangerous positions than kai/pulisic. 

No, I didn't trash the performance against Burnley. I said we did enough to win the game. What I argued against was the opinion of some fans saying it was a great performance  and that we created loads of great chances. 

Of course, no team plays at their best every game,  but I can see a clear improvement in the way the team  has been playing since Lukaku and Kovacic have been out of the team.

Outside of the Chelsea fanbase there's lots of people saying we are better without Lukaku, it's not just Allegri who's said it.

No, I didn't trash the performance against Burnley. I said we did enough to win the game. What I argued against was the opinion of some fans saying it was a great performance  and that we created loads of great chances. 

Of course, no team plays at their best every game,  but I can see a clear improvement in the way the team  has been playing since Lukaku and Kovacic have been out of the team.

Outside of the Chelsea fanbase there's lots of people saying we are better without Lukaku, it's not just Allegri who's said it.

Lots of people also said that Lukaku was the perfect fit for chelsea. Are we gonna ignore that?

Again, let's go through the facts again. 

We started the season with most of the squad either injured or not just fit enough. Add to that the fact that we played arsenal, spurs, villareal, Liverpool, city, Juve in the first 10 games vs Malmo*2, Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley, soton since the injury to Lukaku, there is a massive dip in the quality of the opponents. 

It's quite obvious that with the squad settling and the quality of opposition going down, we were going to get better overall. 

To put it down to Lukaku playing, specially when he literally single handedly won us atleast 2 games against arsenal and villa, is just wrong on so many levels.