JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The problem was the finishing..........and the fact that Burnley are a much better team. Certainly better organised at the back. 

We can always improve our finishing. Barkley, for example  could have done with Mount's finishing against Norwich. And yes, Norwich are worse than Burnley. But I really didn't see the chances against Burnley that you could compare to those against Norwich. 

From the first kick of the ball, when Silva took three touches instead of playing on a totally free CHO on the right, I knew we were in for a slug. The usually quick James struggled to power away from his marker early in the game. He didn't seem to fancy bombing up and down. Who to blame him?. The wingback system has an inherent weakness.

Burnley was a match to forget. They are sitting where they are in the table for a reason. To hear people using our performance against them as our new gold standard is a bad joke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We can always improve our finishing. Barkley, for example  could have done with Mount's finishing against Norwich. And yes, Norwich are worse than Burnley. But I really didn't see the chances against Burnley that you could compare to those against Norwich. 

From the first kick of the ball, when Silva took three touches instead of playing on a totally free CHO on the right, I knew we were in for a slug. The usually quick James struggled to power away from his marker early in the game. He didn't seem to fancy bombing up and down. Who to blame him?. The wingback system has an inherent weakness.

Burnley was a match to forget. They are sitting where they are in the table for a reason. To hear people using our performance against them as our new gold standard is a bad joke.  

Strawman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Strawman

There is a comment on this forum which says our performance against Burnley was the best under Tuchel. It got several likings. Another post said they wish we play like that against Leicester. Perhaps you could spend less time reading your own posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So you agree? 

Score the second goal (like we should have) and we'd have been fine 

Of course we should have won the game, but I was not arguing about that! What I disagreed with was the overrating of the performance and the shots on goal being a misleading stat, which some used as evidence of us tearing Burnley apart and battering them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

There is a comment on this forum which says our performance against Burnley was the best under Tuchel. It got several likings. Another post said they wish we play like that against Leicester. Perhaps you could spend less time reading your own posts. 

If we create as many chances as we created in that game, I will be more than fine taking my chances with the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, didierforever said:

If we create as many chances as we created in that game, I will be more than fine taking my chances with the result.

I respect your point. We obviously saw the match differently. My point is that we created a few half and quarter chances, and it wasn't good enough against a side that looks like relegation strugglers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You could just agree to disagree...   :)
This is exactly why XG is such a good thing.  It is pretty clear cut we were all over Burnley.  
image.thumb.png.75db5377dad2c5b67c98c1fc7a427750.png

The Brentford game still bothers me a month on.
(understat)

This app is a complete nonsense.. To suggest that we were nearly as dominant against Burnley as against Norwich is laughable. I sat right in the middle of the front row of the upper tier of Westview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

This app is a complete nonsense.. To suggest that we were nearly as dominant against Burnley as against Norwich is laughable. I sat right in the middle of the front row of the upper tier of Westview. 

I would agree with it actually - at least on those two games.  So would TT by the sound of things.

“That’s why everyone loves the game – a team can steal a point if the other team forgets to score the goals they deserve,” said Chelsea head coach Tuchel.

“Of course I’m disappointed. If we played this game 100 times, we’d win 99 times. Today we didn’t win it. The second goal would have decided it. It’s always possible you miss one ball, one cross, and this can happen. It’s our fault. We should have scored. We created so many chances.

“You have the opponent where you want to have them. You create so many chances. We let them believe it was possible to steal a point by pure luck and that’s what happened.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I respect your point. We obviously saw the match differently. My point is that we created a few half and quarter chances, and it wasn't good enough against a side that looks like relegation strugglers.  

Fair enough. 

I feel if we played that match 10 times we win it 9 times. It was a disappointing result but a good performance imo. Let's just hope we get a better performance and a W against lei. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I would agree with it actually - at least on those two games.  So would TT by the sound of things.

“That’s why everyone loves the game – a team can steal a point if the other team forgets to score the goals they deserve,” said Chelsea head coach Tuchel.

“Of course I’m disappointed. If we played this game 100 times, we’d win 99 times. Today we didn’t win it. The second goal would have decided it. It’s always possible you miss one ball, one cross, and this can happen. It’s our fault. We should have scored. We created so many chances.

“You have the opponent where you want to have them. You create so many chances. We let them believe it was possible to steal a point by pure luck and that’s what happened.”

Absolute nonsense , made up for the press , no coach would say otherwise.

 

 

 

 

Is that how to do it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now