JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

Sciatika   

We did tend to "stumble" quite a lot then, though. All seasons start with a sense of optimism - maybe this season will be different and then the inevitable sequence of poor results leaves you languishing mid-table and you just want to get a few results to see you to the end of the season and avoid the drop. That is largely how I remember the 80s.

asvaberg   
17 hours ago, chara said:

"Never Mind The Quality..Feel The Width"..?...Close Enough?

Not bad, not bad at all - but it isn't what I was thinking. :)

chara   
6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

We did tend to "stumble" quite a lot then, though. All seasons start with a sense of optimism - maybe this season will be different and then the inevitable sequence of poor results leaves you languishing mid-table and you just want to get a few results to see you to the end of the season and avoid the drop. That is largely how I remember the 80s.

Shoulder to shoulder with you there...and ..shudder..the "drop" a reality....but as ever..the Phoenix..on the pitch at SB as the hated Leeds opened the promotion door!...but the "miracle" avoidance of the next level drop too close for my nerves.....

Just a thought...the CFC "disaster" drops were at least (?) by their own hands,,or feet....deducted points for off pitch activities must be a hard  pain to bear in Football terms...real fans betrayed yet again by the "suits",,,sigh....

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Timo and Mount back training 

Please don't tell me TT is going to select Lukaku and Timo. It's a recipe to make Lukaku look worse than he really is. We might as well field Mendy and Kepa.

For all his organisational ability, I often feel TT needs help with the attacking part of the game. 

20 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Please don't tell me TT is going to select Lukaku and Timo. It's a recipe to make Lukaku look worse than he really is. We might as well field Mendy and Kepa.

For all his organisational ability, I often feel TT needs help with the attacking part of the game. 

image.thumb.png.0cd1949f3569b35ce815b52b1f276337.png
Can't say I agree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

All scored by defenders though, so they don't count.

I think they call that the "Conte" rule .

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Droy did the leg work for me on this.

I was also told we thrashed Newcastle and Norwich because those two didn't play.........then we only got 1 against Burnley and that went quiet.

Of course Lukaku will play.  

asvaberg   
26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Droy did the leg work for me on this.

I was also told we thrashed Newcastle and Norwich because those two didn't play.........then we only got 1 against Burnley and that went quiet.

Of course Lukaku will play.  

We need a hungry, goalscoring Lukaku. I have faith!