JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

image.thumb.png.0cd1949f3569b35ce815b52b1f276337.png
Can't say I agree.

I'd add how it is interesting that Man City beat us and yet we are still 3 points ahead of them.
Whatever happened against Burnley it certainly seems unusual for us - we have dropped 4 points only against the lesser clubs, and 2 of those were to Liverpool.
City have dropped 10.

VA96   
On 15/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, Diddymen said:

Would be a shame if he wasnt ready for the Juve match on Tuesday

TT coy in presser - said he can't give answers if he'll play against Juventus or Man Utd, hopefully he will be back soon but don't want to rush him back either!

Kovacic also out - Rom to hopefully join the squad on Sunday and not 100% on Werner for tomorrow

Edited by VA96

paulw66   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Droy did the leg work for me on this.

I was also told we thrashed Newcastle and Norwich because those two didn't play.........then we only got 1 against Burnley and that went quiet.

Of course Lukaku will play.  

meant to caveat that with, "if fit"......and he's not 

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think they call that the "Conte" rule .

Quite. Imagine what Droy would say if Conte were winning with defenders doing the scoring.

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Droy did the leg work for me on this.

I was also told we thrashed Newcastle and Norwich because those two didn't play.........then we only got 1 against Burnley and that went quiet.

Of course Lukaku will play.  

Shame someone said that. Someone also said it's not really about who plays, more about how our attack is organised in training. You've basically backed that up..

20 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Quite. Imagine what Droy would say if Conte were winning with defenders doing the scoring.

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I don't rate Conte as a coach (as opposed to as a person).
Once he got rid of all that standing in the wrong places he was excellent.  2nd season I was one of 2 or 3 posters on here still defending his coaching.

46 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Far be it from you to be subject to a wind up, Droy, but on this occasion …

I know - but it just shows how Blue Rod gets an idea and won't be dissuaded that he has got it completely wrong.

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I don't rate Conte as a coach (as opposed to as a person).
Once he got rid of all that standing in the wrong places he was excellent.  2nd season I was one of 2 or 3 posters on here still defending his coaching.

You seem to rate him only  when he's losing then. Besides the standing in the wrong places I also remember you repeatedly crediting his wins to the team in a way you never did with other managers. Strange that you thought he was doing the right thing in the second season.  

On a more serious note, the reason I keep going on about our current attack is that we will never win the league with defenders leading the scoring as well as the defending. It is a recipe to get them mentally and physically exhausted as the match progresses,.conceding late goals like against Burnley. They also get worn out in the course of the season.

We must keep our defenders fresh to defend the final minutes onslaught. If we carry on like this, expect some off performances from our wingbacks.

Not an easy game this, for various reasons and I’ll be honest and say I wouldn’t be surprised if we drop points today.

I really hope Tuchel doesn’t mess with the team too much, which we know he likes to do after international breaks (I understand why), but our next few games are crucial to see us get into a strong position for the busy December and tricky January.