JaneB

Chelsea 4 Juventus 0

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The only thing I can add to this to try and offer some positivity is that I’ve suffered a knee injury whilst playing football, didn’t fully snap my ligament but damaged it quite badly and my reaction was very similar to Chilwell, it felt like I’d been shot in the knee (I started accusing everyone near me off kicking me), however the difference is that when I tried to stand up, with help, and walk off the pitch, I absolutely couldn’t, I could not put any weight on it whatsoever and so the fact he’s managed to walk/hobble off gave me some hope it may not be as serious as it first looked. Regardless, I imagine he’ll be missing for quite a few games, as we enter the stupidly busy period of the season.

Alonso will step up though, he was fantastic at the start of the season and it took Chilwell to hit the form of his life to take his place in the team.

I read somewhere on the twitters that he had a bit of a limp walking to his car. so I guess that okay? right?

Surely if he had a torn acl he wouldnt even dare drive

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I honestly believe Reece James is the best player in the World right now. 

Certainly in with a shout as the best in his position. Mendy must be too.

ROTG   
11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Ziyech, one of the best individual performances I have seen in a long, long time. Utter class. Outrageous to see in the flesh 

Hopefully with that kind of performance he will turn a corner on consistency. His ability has never been in doubt 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I honestly believe Reece James is the best player in the World right now. 

I said last night, he reminds me of Dani Alves, but with more strength and power.

He hits the ball so hard, it's almost unfair.

I am reminded of a clip from the sitcom Peep Show when Mark gets himself involved in a 5 a-side, and when someone wallops the ball at goal, he protests, "that's' too hard! Someone is going to get hurt if you kick it that hard"

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I said last night, he reminds me of Dani Alves, but with more strength and power.

He hits the ball so hard, it's almost unfair.

I am reminded of a clip from the sitcom Peep Show when Mark gets himself involved in a 5 a-side, and when someone wallops the ball at goal, he protests, "that's' too hard! Someone is going to get hurt if you kick it that hard"

Comes from having that god given, natural ball striking ability and the physique of a rugby league player.

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Comes from having that god given, natural ball striking ability and the physique of a rugby league player.

The way he strikes the ball is the closest I have seen here to JFH

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The way he strikes the ball is the closest I have seen here to JFH

Yep, there is a JFH in him. The way he strikes the ball so cleanly, with so much power,  and yet manages to keep it from flying into the stands. That is classic JFH.

Blue Rod   
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

from end of H1)
The weird thing is that he can't hold on to the ball in our half in the way that say Kovacic can, but he keeps possession in their box in a way no one else can - as with the 3rd goal.
Clearly he should be playing in the front 3.

The way the team is playing, every player is showing good all-round footballing intelligence wherever they find themselves on the pitch. It's one of those qualities that sets us apart from most other top teams at the moment. James is a good example. CHO doing a Costa on Cuadrado last night is another one. I just wish RLC could mix his style, releasing a simple early pass when deep , and doing his slalom thing (which he is pretty good at) when in an advanced position. I really do wish him to follow the progress of the rest of our academy boys. He will never have a better chance.   

2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

I read somewhere on the twitters that he had a bit of a limp walking to his car. so I guess that okay? right?

Surely if he had a torn acl he wouldnt even dare drive

If he's driving then that's very very good news, but I'd be surprised if we were true, purely from not wanting to risk it before getting a scan done.

But even if he's been seen limping (without crutches) then that's good news, I was on crutches for a while before being able to put any real weight on.