JaneB

Chelsea 4 Juventus 0

On 25/11/2021 at 10:04 PM, boratsbrother said:

Yep! Year after year we kept hearing there'll be another brilliant Arsenal team in a couple of years time.

It's come back now with their current crop, had this argument with an Arsenal mate of mine. My retort was simple. Look at what our boys are doing right now.

Sciatika   

Of course, it also means that there is no certainty that the young players we have will still be a roaring success in three to five years time. Football is fickle.

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I place him in the Thibaut category. Spineless, selfish, couldn't wait to get back to an easy League. 

I have no love for him. 

Timo is a different character altogether. His enthusiasm is infectious. 

Spot on.

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If he'd bad mouthed the club or something, I'd get it.

I may be misremembering but I think he did make a few seemingly sly digs about being happy to be somewhere he was loved or appreciated when he moved on. Nothing drastic, but revealing of his personality imo. I'm not usually one to criticise our players or former players on a personal level, but I think he's a big baby. And while I'm no fan of a macho, real-men type of football culture, I can't stand players who point the finger elsewhere. 

But booing is for morons, so not up for that either!

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I may be misremembering but I think he did make a few seemingly sly digs about being happy to be somewhere he was loved or appreciated when he moved on. Nothing drastic, but revealing of his personality imo. I'm not usually one to criticise our players or former players on a personal level, but I think he's a big baby. And while I'm no fan of a macho, real-men type of football culture, I can't stand players who point the finger elsewhere. 

But booing is for morons, so not up for that either!

Couldn't help chuckling about the first. If he thought he wasn't loved while he was here, now he knows what not being loved really feels like. 

Completely agree with the second. 

chara   
14 hours ago, Ham said:

I place him in the Thibaut category. Spineless, selfish, couldn't wait to get back to an easy League. 

I have no love for him. 

100% withy you Ham....real football fans at any club know the difference between a player who gives everything and the "easy route" cheats....cheating isn't just unsporting behaviour....Big Girl's Blouse comes to mind....so much ability with no honest/brave application.

On 11/27/2021 at 0:51 AM, Ham said:

I have no love for him. 

Agree. As a bloke I like Werner and his attitude and would never boo him. Still not sure he's going to make it here but that's by the by.  Morata was a miserable malcontent with very similar strange hair to TC. Just saying.