JaneB

Chelsea 4 Juventus 0

VA96   
24 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'm hoping we apply that exact principle on Sunday and absolutely carve Man Utd up like a Christmas turkey.  Give that "honest" official no chances to make any key decisions at all. 

As for tonight, I'm hopeful we can get a win, but I'm a bit worried that not pushing harder for more goals home and away to Malmo might lead to us losing out on top spot on GD

If we win by 2 or more tonight, it won't go to GD as we'll beat Juve on H2H

• Like 1

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, VA96 said:

correct 

Bison   

Hopefully a low intensity game with no injuries. I'd gladly take a 0-0 draw, qualification for the last 16 and move on to Sunday.

We have to beat Anthony Taylor on Sunday.

Edited by Bison
  • Like 1

bert19   
2 hours ago, VA96 said:

Ah fair enough - I'd forgotten about H2H. 

bert19   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The way United have been all season, it's a foregone conclusion surely? Even in the games they have won or drawn, they have looked shocking. Speaking of all this luck stuff, I can't recall them ever controlling a game this season. 

I think we will easily tonight, Juve are through so won't be in the same headspace as our players will be. 

Hope you haven't just jinxed it! 

I think we'll win, but we've lost plenty of these shoe-in type games over the last few seasons (Arsenal last season, Everton the season before immediately spring to mind). Games where it's obvious before kick-off what a struggling side is going to do and we've turned up and completely allowed it.

If I was a gambling man, I'd expect United to have a sudden upturn this week in performance level.  We'll have to be prepared for that.  If we are, we'll win and Taylor won't be an issue.  But if we're met by their raised level and a drop in our own, a dodgy Taylor decision that costs us a result is a real risk. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Hopefully a low intensity game with no injuries. I'd gladly take a 0-0 draw, qualification for the last 16 and move on to Sunday.

We have to beat Anthony Taylor on Sunday.

Tuesday to Sunday. Should be ok either way

asvaberg   
3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think we will easily tonight, Juve are through so won't be in the same headspace as our players will be. 

Never underestimate La Vecchia Signora :)

Floyd25   

Currently watching the 19’s get torn to shreds, seems to be some talent at 18’s level but will take a lot of nurturing to get Juve’s level.

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Currently watching the 19’s get torn to shreds, seems to be some talent at 18’s level but will take a lot of nurturing to get Juve’s level.

to be fair, I think a lot of ours are significantly younger than the max limit. we've always pushed the youngsters to play "above" themselves, and it can sometimes mean some harsh lessons. 

• Like 1

Holymoly   

With probably no Havertz nor Lukaku I'm assuming Werner is going to get a run out. If that's the case I hope Mount starts as he seems to be the only one that is remotely on his wavelength. I can see Juventus sitting back and hitting us on the break so we definately need Kante on the pitch, probably with RLC given Jorginho's cramp at the weekend. The back five will be interesting as I think it is a night for the captain to start but with the threat of our two WBs being needed too.

Don't worry about Manure on Sunday, we need to go out to win tonight. I don't fear any side in the competition but there's no point making it any harder than it needs to be in the last 16.