JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're just going to be subjected to McUseless kicking everyone all afternoon before getting boked in the 95th minute

Hey Mark....not digging at you...I know how it's all too easy to mistype etc...BUT I LOVE "BOKED"....seems far more appropriate and shaming than "booked"!!!

And..."McUseless"...Gold...so many delicious, and not, so images!!!!

Edited by chara

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

A proper test then for RLC, instead of the just behind the front 5 he has been playing in our expansion games.
That is assuming Man U make an effort to play us as equals.

I assume this is your way of saying ahead of the game; if RLC plays well it's because United didn't take the game seriously and if he has an average or below average game, it's because he's not up to the job!

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

I assume this is your way of saying ahead of the game; if RLC plays well it's because United didn't take the game seriously and if he has an average or below average game, it's because he's not up to the job!

No.  I am saying that in the games he has played recently he hasn't played in a double pivot he has played closer to the strikers than to the DM/Jorginho.
That is not far from where I would play him (front 3) and the game was nearly all controlled by us.

But this game he may well get tested in the double pivot / twin CM role that many on here (not me) think he should be in and the oppo may well get close to 50% possession so it will be a proper test or him in that role and taking defensive responsibility.  That depends on how Man U play.
Last time he played in something like that role was Brentford - easily our worst performance of the season, perhaps because several players were missing.

It will be much more of a challenge for him IMO, and if he does well then his fans will have a much stronger basis to praise him, and who knows I might have to eat some humble pie
(instead of pointing out that the best thing he did against Juve was when he was on the edge of their 6 yard box - for CHO's goal.)

11 hours ago, VA96 said:

We sold him didn't loan him - have a £25m buyback on him so can't recall. Wouldn't be surprised if that buy back clause couldn't be exercised until a certain period as well to allow development/stop a loophole of clubs selling and buying back at end of season to get around the 1 player per club loan rule 

Damn I keep forgetting it's not a loan.

9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

😂😂

You have hit the nail right on the head. 

6 hours ago, didierforever said:

😂😂

You have hit the nail right on the head. 

😀

However, I do agree with Droy's opinion about RLC being more effective in a role  higher up the the pitch.

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

😀

However, I do agree with Droy's opinion about RLC being more effective in a role  higher up the the pitch.

I think Rlc has been as efficient if not more efficient when playing deeper. He has had some fabulous performances. 

23 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I think Rlc has been as efficient if not more efficient when playing deeper. He has had some fabulous performances. 

Which leads to the obvious question  - how many times has he played deeper?
Villa (LC) Southampton, Brentford and Malmo I would say.
Are those the games he played fabulously in?

(efficient or effective)