JaneB

Chelsea vs Manchester United

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I still don't see the point of a board meeting for the decision, and the timing just before a key game seems very odd.

I thought they'd sack him after our game, was really confident of it. But I'd made a really stupid, obvious mistake. I'd been thinking as if anyone at United had any clue what they are doing. They are an exquisitely badly run football club. New manager, new CM and new full back in the summer and they'd really have been on to something. But they aren't run to win things, they're run to generate money.

asvaberg   
45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I thought they'd sack him after our game, was really confident of it. But I'd made a really stupid, obvious mistake. I'd been thinking as if anyone at United had any clue what they are doing. They are an exquisitely badly run football club. New manager, new CM and new full back in the summer and they'd really have been on to something. But they aren't run to win things, they're run to generate money.

Well - true, they haven't won anything since 2017 but I would be careful in describing them as a club that "aren't run to win anything".

In fact, they have won a lot over the years.

The rumors regarding Ponchettino are very interesting (and worrying). I think he will suit the club quite good. 

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Well - true, they haven't won anything since 2017 but I would be careful in describing them as a club that "aren't run to win anything".

In fact, they have won a lot over the years.

The rumors regarding Ponchettino are very interesting (and worrying). I think he will suit the club quite good. 

This Man Utd are not the Man Utd of, what, 2013? And that Man Utd are not the Man Utd of the late 2000s. Every Utd fan I know would tell you they are run to generate clicks and money, not to succeed at football. And from what I have seen in the last 3 or 4 years as an outsider, I'd agree. 

paulw66   

Stating the bloody obvious, but would be great to get a win in this one. 

After United, we have Watford and West Ham away back to back (then Zenit). Would take 7 points from those 3, however they come. 

asvaberg   
29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This Man Utd are not the Man Utd of, what, 2013? And that Man Utd are not the Man Utd of the late 2000s. Every Utd fan I know would tell you they are run to generate clicks and money, not to succeed at football. And from what I have seen in the last 3 or 4 years as an outsider, I'd agree. 

Fair enough. And I have no problems with them not winning anything :) :)

VA96   
39 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Stating the bloody obvious, but would be great to get a win in this one. 

After United, we have Watford and West Ham away back to back (then Zenit). Would take 7 points from those 3, however they come. 

Agreed - feels like it's been an age since we last beat them in the league, I think it was the Morata header. Need as many as we can get on the board before the congestion

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Agreed - feels like it's been an age since we last beat them in the league, I think it was the Morata header. Need as many as we can get on the board before the congestion

Think you're right. that was around October 2017........

Sarri, I think drew 2-2 and lost 2-1

SFL 0-4 and 0-2, then 0-0 and 0-0

• Like 1

chara   

Please...no complacency..on here or at SB....a wounded animal etc..... all the above comments are spot on but Manure are not relegation audition candidates and still have to be beaten on the pitch...we tend to forget how high the standards are in the EPL and anything less than 100% effort against even the strugglers is flirting with disaster...case in point with Manure at Watford......

If the form horse/team always won the bookies would be out of business I suspect.

I do hope Chelsea smash them...but always do....

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VA96 said:

Can't be surely. Has it seriously been that long?

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Think you're right. that was around October 2017........

Sarri, I think drew 2-2 and lost 2-1

SFL 0-4 and 0-2, then 0-0 and 0-0

Damn. It doesn't feel that way for some reason. 

We beat them a couple of times in the FA Cup. Probably that is sticking in the mind. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

JaneB   
On 08/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Anthony Taylor , Mike Dean masterclass incoming

On 21/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, Mark Kelly said:

OGS sacked , SKY are gonna love this , United points behind , Chelsea slipping up , Liverpool catching up .

Anthony Taylor absolutely nailed on for this now .

On 21/11/2021 at 11:27 AM, Backbiter said:

Kavanagh as VAR would see a reunion of the Manc duo that shafted us in the home game two years ago (when they ignored the Maguire kick in Bats' goolies, amongst other refereeing crimes).

You were saying?

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn

Fourth Official: David Coote

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan