JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Are you? Unless we win by 2+ goals, you got this shower of negativity like we are half way up the table and wondering where the next win comes from

This forum is just awful/pathetic when we don't win. Like a discussion in a school playground

There are a lot of posters that only post when we don't win.  Presumably they are celebrating like crazy when we do.  Twice as many pages already as after the Juve game (which was a terrific performance, result and scoreline).

Simpson's Paradox explains a great deal.

34 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Do you expect players who had poor games not to be criticized? Ignore sloppy play in attack and defence? Everyone to be happy with a point at home to a shite UTD team?

Nobody expects us to win every game. The team has been getting high praise in recent weeks and rightly so. Today was like a match from from a month or so ago and fans just naturally voicing frustration and disappointment, that's all.

Some, myself included, are quite happy with a point today, as UTD are our jinx team at the mo. 

Comfortable 3rd place would be a decent enough improvement for me this season. 

Who do you think you're replying to? Honestly, it's a few times now you've quoted me but made an argument that isn't contrary to what I've said  so I'm wondering if you're confusing me for someone else. I've criticised the player I felt warranted it in very certain terms and called it an annoying result and dropped points. I don't think today's performance or result was good enough ... but then I think we should and can be aiming higher than 3rd.

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Who do you think you're replying to? Honestly, it's a few times now you've quoted me but made an argument that isn't contrary to what I've said  so I'm wondering if you're confusing me for someone else. I've criticised the player I felt warranted it in very certain terms and called it an annoying result and dropped points. I don't think today's performance or result was good enough ... but then I think we should and can be aiming higher than 3rd.

OOPS!

Apologies. I meant to quote Paulw66.

No idea how I ended up quoting you. Haven't even had much to drink yet either.

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Loftus-Cheek was quietly terrible. Within 30 seconds it was obvious Utd were going to target him when he had possession, and he obliged by slowing things down and taking too much time/many touches every single time. He is not a bad player, but he is not anything close to a Kante replacement, and in nature as well as quality. One of very few criticisms I have of Tuchel in 10 months or so of being here is that he let that carry on until basically the end of the game. If Mount plays there, I think we're ahead at half time and the game is drastically different. Every transition broke down immediately on going through him.

Don't worry, by mid-week it will have turned into another fine game at CM.

Much as I love Mendy .... He really has to work on his distribution....

Does one dodgy heart in mouth pass out every single game.

We played very well. A couple of observations:

You have to question Werner’s inclusion here. Low block United side looking to play attack. It was simply not a good fit with him out there.

Alonso looked rusty (understandable)

Jorginho should never be the last man. No matter how good and safe he is with the ball. JFH was very harsh but perhaps he needs those words. 

CHO has become much better at positioning himself correctly. What is surprising is that his positioning is better than his on the ball contribution. 

United are a mess. It’s hard to make sense of that squad composition. Makes you appreciate the coherent requirement policy we have had. Not perfect but not this..

• Like 1

paulw66   
4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

And some on here were saying Utd are years behind us🤔

Today showed how far they are behind.

Multi million pound squad and they played with the same ambition as a Pulis WBA / Stoke. Utterly embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Just now, paulw66 said:

Today showed how far they are behind.

Multi million pound squad and they played with the same ambition as a Pulis WBA / Stoke. Utterly embarrassing how far they have fallen.

They're back where they were pre Fergie , mid table , the occasional cup .

Shame we can never beat them really.

However

Only one team came to play so ....