JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

Blue Rod   
13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

For goodness sake, let's give the bloke a break. He's done more than enough since he joined to earn everyone's respect. He made a mistake, and paid for it. He then stepped up to take a superb penalty to rescue the game. Guts.

I wasn't actually saying that Jorginho is a bad player. I do have my reservations about him, and don't think I disagree very much with Holymoly's response. On this occasion though, I was merely making a joke about his attempt to deal with that ball. If that wasn't ridiculous, then I dont know what is. 

18 hours ago, SabCFC said:

He's a world class player in a position that isn't about pace (ask Busquets), it's about technique and brains (rewatch the RLC performance to understand the brains part). It's why journalists and other players just voted him 3rd in the Ballon d'Or, an award famously biased towards strikers so clearly his performances caught the eyes of a lot of people.

Leicester, Juventus, United .. there, 3 top performances in the past week alone.

Of course he has his fans out there but he does divide opinion.As I said, I just can't see what he's great at. 

Makelele was pretty limited as a footballer, but it was still very easy to see what he was brilliant at.  

Sciatika   

To me, what he is great at dictating play, especially under pressure. When players nick the ball through pressure, Jorginho makes himself available and able to receive the ball especially under pressure which is often the case when you nick the ball because the opposition put everything in to recover both to continue the attack and to avoid the counter. This is why the Barce rule about trying to recover the ball was both successful and later influential. As a result of receiving the ball early, he is often capable of dictating play.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

To me, what he is great at dictating play, especially under pressure. When players nick the ball through pressure, Jorginho makes himself available and able to receive the ball especially under pressure which is often the case when you nick the ball because the opposition put everything in to recover both to continue the attack and to avoid the counter. This is why the Barce rule about trying to recover the ball was both successful and later influential. As a result of receiving the ball early, he is often capable of dictating play.

Sometimes I count the touches each player has when they get the ball.  Invariably Jorginho has one or two, but most players it is two or three and sometimes more for no purpose.  If Jorginho takes more than 2 there seems to be a reason.  
I recall when Wisey was moved from being a winger to CM under Hoddle he was told 2 touches and no more.  That worked really well.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Agree with this which is why Sunday's miscontrol was so out of character. 

One of the reasons we've conceded so few goals is because he almost never loses possession and passes the ball safely to a teammate whilst given them a return option. 

I haven't always been a fan as I genuinely saw some horrible performances from him earlier in his Chelsea career but under TT he's been a Rolls Royce.