Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

ROTG   
20 hours ago, chara said:

DO NOT DISMISS EVERY MANURE PLAYER

Yep - Rashford, Martial, Lingard & Sancho should not be underestimated

chara   

NO COMPLACENCY!!!!!!

Floyd25   

Alonso in for Chilwell I guess, unless we go with Azpi or try Odoi/Pulisic…really hope Alonso can find his good form again. 

7 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Yep - Rashford, Martial, Lingard & Sancho should not be underestimated

With a top manager Utd have enough quality to be competing for the title. Not good enough to win it though. 

Sciatika   
3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Alonso in for Chilwell I guess, unless we go with Azpi or try Odoi/Pulisic…really hope Alonso can find his good form again. 

Possibly. We could consider bringing back Emerson or Maatsen as backups and I think Harvey Vale has been known to play LWB. Of course, Azpi can also play a more traditional left-back role.

24 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Possibly. We could consider bringing back Emerson or Maatsen as backups and I think Harvey Vale has been known to play LWB. Of course, Azpi can also play a more traditional left-back role.

Azpilicueta could probably play anywhere.

I've always been a huge Alonso fan, and have stuck up for him countless times,  but the way we currently use our wing backs I think Azpilicueta is far more suited to it than Alonso and expect him to take over from Chilwell whilst he is out injured.

32 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I've always been a huge Alonso fan, and have stuck up for him countless times,  but the way we currently use our wing backs I think Azpilicueta is far more suited to it than Alonso and expect him to take over from Chilwell whilst he is out injured.

yeah, plenty of choices, Azpi, Saul, Werner, Alonso.  
The nice thing is that Azpi is clearly not fading, it is just he is being challenged for his place by James, Christensen and Chalobah.  Hard to block him from all 11 places, he'll find a way back in.

• Thanks 1

asvaberg   

Mendy

Chabolah - Silva - Rüdiger

James                             Alonso

Ziyech - Jorginho - Mount

Lukaku    - CHO

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I have no issue with Alonso being the first choice LWB for now. He played the first few games when we won at Arsenal, Spurs and drew at Anfield. 

Not as quick as BC, but a real goal threat and plenty of aerial power in both areas.

Sciatika   

My point was not whether we should play Alonso, but rather who would be back up if he is injured. Azpi is the obvious choice but, given Maatsen and Emerson are on loan, we should consider CHO (his defensive work is much improved) or even Harvey Vale if TT thinks he is ready.