JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Presumably, it will be Jorge and RLC in the middle and Alonso on the left.

A proper test then for RLC, instead of the just behind the front 5 he has been playing in our expansion games.
That is assuming Man U make an effort to play us as equals.

Diddymen   
7 minutes ago, SabCFC said:

I'm surprised at the Chilwell news. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I don't think there are many cases of ACL partial tears not needing surgery - I follow other sports, mainly NBA & NFL, and I can remember Kawhi being in a similar rehab treatment but he still ended up needing the surgery and being out for 6 months. 

One case that could be similar is a 49ers player K'Waun Williams who had an ACL sprain and it was described as a rare, rare case of not needing surgery, he was out for just 3 weeks.

So let's see but I think we need to be cautious really.

TT in his presser mentioned Chilwell was already having treatment. I wonder what that could be?

chara   
On 11/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, chara said:

NO COMPLACENCY!!!!!!

OK....lot of common sense being applied on this topic now.... BUT..... a game isn't over until it's over.....check with that lot in North London......they have murals to remind them I believe.

Repeat....NO COMPLACENCY!!!!!!

Ham   
22 minutes ago, chara said:

OK....lot of common sense being applied on this topic now.... BUT..... a game isn't over until it's over.....check with that lot in North London......they have murals to remind them I believe.

Repeat....NO COMPLACENCY!!!!!!

Their motto;

TO DARE IS TOO MUCH

Just now, paulw66 said:

Was hoping Fred plays.

We're just going to be subjected to McUseless kicking everyone all afternoon before getting boked in the 95th minute

Bison   
13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Was hoping Fred plays.

I bet he does play. He's one of their only midfield runners, no chance he misses Chelsea away.

Diddymen   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're just going to be subjected to McUseless kicking everyone all afternoon before getting boked in the 95th minute

He should have been red carded against Watford. For Watford’s penalty he wasn’t given a card, but then later on was carded 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Go through their squad, and ask yourself, who would you buy? Not necessarily if you were Chelsea, but even City, Liverpool, RM, Bayern etc.....  

I certainly would not have killed for us signing a 36 year old CF, however good he is at finishing. 

Yes, we were bang average a year ago, but with a very young core of the squad. They don't have that

True. United's squad profile is not young, but that does not mean that their squad is not good. 

I feel they have a very good squad which under a good manager might play according to its potential. 

Secondly, they have outspent literally every club in the club without their owners putting a penny in the club. Which shows why they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

A good manager, a good squad as a base and add deep pockets without ed Woodward screwing them up again and again, it might be a dangerous combo.