JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Watford at Vicarage Road before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Wednesday, 1st December 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Amazon Prime Video)

chara   

I hate this away fixture...along with Crystal Palace and Burnley........

5 hours ago, chara said:

I hate this away fixture...along with Crystal Palace and Burnley........

Yes the United scoreline actually brought back some bad memories of our own, complete with red card as well. 

Holymoly   

We need to bounce back with Pulisic or Lukaku leading the line. We can't have 3 fancy dans up front again, all fur coat and no knickers.

Midfield is going to be a problem too, such a shame we shunted Billy Gilmour off to East Anglia.

Mana   

We should beat Watford, as long they don't park the bus. And no more horrors PLEASE!

Edited by Mana

Holymoly   

I think that perhaps Sunday's team was the result of TT planning way in advance and taking roatation into the equation. Watford, West Ham (away) and Zenit (away) all with only 3 or four games apart. From here to the New Year most of the Premier League will be playing twice a week and for the lesser clubs this will be a stretch so our experience should prove crucial however Leeds (after flying back from Russia), followed by Everton and Wolves before the League Cup qtr final are games that we should be winning but if TT get's too cute with his rotation it could see us out of the title race entirely by Christmas.

Back to basics in this game please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

asvaberg   
11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think that perhaps Sunday's team was the result of TT planning way in advance and taking roatation into the equation. Watford, West Ham (away) and Zenit (away) all with only 3 or four games apart. From here to the New Year most of the Premier League will be playing twice a week and for the lesser clubs this will be a stretch so our experience should prove crucial however Leeds (after flying back from Russia), followed by Everton and Wolves before the League Cup qtr final are games that we should be winning but if TT get's too cute with his rotation it could see us out of the title race entirely by Christmas.

Back to basics in this game please.

And this is exactly why December will prove to be cruicial for our chances in winning the Premier League.

We meet teams who ordinary are mid-table or lower - (exceptions this year with WHU, Wolves and Brighton high up).

We simply have to beat them all to stay in the race.

Diddymen   

Can see Christensen, Azpi and Mount starting for this one. Maybe Lukaku and pulisic too?

Jorgi definitely needs a night off - but we are very short on midfielders. 

Will be interesting to see how TT lines up for this one. I’d go with;

Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Alonso; Mount, Hudson-Odoi; Havertz