And we've had a load of injuries

Some of you most be so disappointed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I just had to check.... We've won 10/14 games

As if there's any Chelsea fans who dont want Chelsea to do well.🥴

What some won't say is that they think we played really well when we clearly didn't.  Only recently the team got very high praise from virtually everyone and rightly so! 

I've said numerous times that I'll be quite content with a comfortable top four this season and we're on course for that. I say that,  because even though we're top of the league, I still think we're a clear level below City and Liverpool.

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We are doing exactly the same as the 2004-2005 at this stage...but with 10 more goals scored. It's really, really good stuff. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I get the positive frame of mind.

But I'm not sure we have had many injuries.  Not given the 26 or so number of players we have.  
Players have been given extended time off because they are being protected for the end of the season and because we have so many.  And of course the more players you have to more they are likely to get injured.  And most of our players go off to the internationals.

57 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We are doing exactly the same as the 2004-2005 at this stage...but with 10 more goals scored. It's really, really good stuff. 

Indeed.   

xG was 0.99 - 0.91   (understat).  Close but I had expected a bigger lead for Watford.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes, but what if they give nothing in attack?

we can just work around it. the same way we do when Alonso's playing

4 hours ago, Bison said:

A guy Watford bought for 4m is genuinely better than all of our forwards. Unbelievable. 

Lol. I’m laughing because he’s Nigerian. Called up 3 times when he was in Belgium but didn’t perform well so was dropped. Now he’s on crazy form, he’s likely back in the picture.

Anyway I digress. Given our injury concerns & non-scoring forwards, TT will likely concentrate on greater defensive solidity as platform for wins at least until we get quality back from treatment. 

Yuck. That was a horrible performance, but we somehow managed to get all 3 points and stay top. I’ve seen that game many times in recent years and rarely does it finish with us winning, so I’ll take it.

I just hope that’s it out our system and isn’t the sign of the beginning of our winter slump we seem to often suffer.

We’ve got injuries to so many key players at the same time and I really hope they start to get back fit asap. 

Bright points for me we’re Mount, looking back to himself and Havertz had a really good game.

Blue Rod   

That was poor. If Burnley and ManUtd hadn't already happened, and in pretty close succession, I would be less worried.

I think our injuries are caused by our form. If you get out of the block and take control of the match, you can see it off without breaking a sweat, never mind bone. After all, this was Watford, w a d r. Their only remarkable performance was against a team who couldn't wait to get their manager sacked. 

Ignore the holier than thou fans, Tuchel has got some sorting out to do,  and now is the time. I just don't see this team making up a 6 point deficit against ManCity or Liverpool once that has developed. 

I don't expect us to turn up tomorrow as a different team, style and performance-wise . But a certain direction of travel (obviously not south) would do nicely.

Jasonb   

Not a pleasant watch last night despite two neat team goals.

We seemed to miss Jorginho badly in that first half struggling to build any play, was he injured as BBC have him as being on the bench?

Our goal came against the run of play, Alonso neat foot work, Havertz good awareness and unselfishness and Mount for 0-1.

RLC gets caught dribbling in his own half and losses possession, needs to learn this point you don't dribble in your own half as the deepest midfielder.

Their goal was well taken and that Dennis chap looks like one to watch out in the future.

The introduction of Silva seemed to calm us in a good way and TT shuffled the pack further to good effect.

Watford continued to press yet Ziyech's well taken finish enough.

Mount was my pick yesterday, looks like he is back on form too.

Hope Chalobah is ok too, look worrying the way he just stopped.

Blue Rod   
7 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Lol. I’m laughing because he’s Nigerian. Called up 3 times when he was in Belgium but didn’t perform well so was dropped. Now he’s on crazy form, he’s likely back in the picture.

Me too. The grounded Super Eagle may have finally found his wings. I'm not surprised, as he is built for the pace and power of the PL. His confidence should propel him back to the national team. 

The way Watford exploded off the block signalled their intentions. They must have studied our often relaxed horizontal approach.

One positive from this match is, I did see some pace  power and hurry in Havertz, which makes me think he's finally realised this is no Bundesliga. 

RLC giving away possession in his own half now looks like a certainty in every match. 

Edited by Blue Rod