JaneB

Watford 1 Chelsea 2

Blue Rod   
19 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

Also, if I was managing a game at home against a Chelsea side that starts with Azpil/ Alonso as wingbacks and a middle duo of Saul/RLC, I will press high early and often and gamble that they won't be able to retain possession as usual due to absence of Chilwell/James and Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic. I expect more of the same at West Ham on Saturday even with the possibility of Jorginho back due to the inclusion of Azpil/Alonso as wingbacks who aren't the best skilled in tight spaces while under pressure.

True and highly predictable. We should have a ready-made response in our pocket. West Ham also have that formula they used against Liverpool - try and stay in the match, then rachet up pressure in final 20 min, just when you think it'sall sewn up. We should go in to disrupt their plan as much as they plan to disrupt ours. That we seem to want to play every match at same pace, same tactics worries me. 

13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Just seen the goals from the Liverpool v Everton game and have to say Liverpool are looking scary good. Even better than when they won the title and CL. So much precision and technical ability at high pace.

yep - Klopp 1D approach to football of running the same 11 - 13 player into the ground week after week until they are totally shot or injured

It will be interesting to see how the Klopp jugenault performs when his two main strikers go on a jolly to African Nations Cup, unless Covid intervenes.

How's your flock doing?

14 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Of course, it could just be the pies!

More likely on of the dodgy wrestler hamburger with the optional boiled onions, sold by men in grease, sauce stained white coats from their portable burger carts scattered along Fulham Broadway.

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

VA96   
17 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

yep - Klopp 1D approach to football of running the same 11 - 13 player into the ground week after week until they are totally shot or injured

It will be interesting to see how the Klopp jugenault performs when his two main strikers go on a jolly to African Nations Cup, unless Covid intervenes.

How's your flock doing?

Liverpools 2 fixtures: Brentford (H), Palace (A) - Brentford looked woeful last night and Palace will have a few out themselves (Zaha, Kouyate, Ayew, Schlupp off the top of my head) so something tells me they'll be just fine

13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Apologies for quoting myself.

Just seen the goals from the Liverpool v Everton game and have to say Liverpool are looking scary good. Even better than when they won the title and CL. So much precision and technical ability at high pace.

They have been incredible this season and agree probably better than when they won the league. We haven't yet are above them. It is impossible for them to keep it up plus they will miss key players due to the ACON.

I'm more worried about City personally.

And all the doom and gloom about a couple of poor performances, albeit with good results, isn't that the sign of a championship winning team? City play bad, they loose, Liverpool have yet to have a dip in form but they will and I'm not convinced they will pick up half as many points when they lose Salah and Mane, yet we are still top of the league and have quite a few key players injured for various lengths of time, I mean Kante has only played around 700 minutes this season, in all competitions. Lukaku 800 Chilwell 800, Werner 600, Pulisic 400, 

For some perspective and comparison Salah has played over 1600 minutes Mane 1400, Van Dijk 1500, Trent 1300, Robertson 1200.

40 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I mean Kante has only played around 700 minutes this season, in all competitions. Lukaku 800 Chilwell 800, Werner 600, Pulisic 400, 

For some perspective and comparison Salah has played over 1600 minutes Mane 1400, Van Dijk 1500, Trent 1300, Robertson 120

And we know what happened when just  van Dijk was injured.

11 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

People have been saying that for several years but there's zero sign of burnout with any of their players. In fact, the heavily worked Salah just gets better and better.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And we know what happened when just  van Dijk was injured.

It wasn't just Van Dijk though. They lost a few first choice defenders. The one weakness they have is the lack of quality outside of the excellent 13 or 14 regulars.

chara   
11 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

More likely on of the dodgy wrestler hamburger with the optional boiled onions, sold by men in grease, sauce stained white coats from their portable burger carts scattered along Fulham Broadway.

Ah..those were the days....always went to the same contaminated vendor cart!......never a problem but there were times when a strong stomach was the first requirement for a Chelsea supporter!

On 03/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, chara said:

Ah..those were the days....always went to the same contaminated vendor cart!......never a problem but there were times when a strong stomach was the first requirement for a Chelsea supporter!

It was the onions which lured you in. I used to resist the first 3 or 4 vans, but give in to temptation in the end. I can still smell the heady aroma of indeterminate burger, frying onions and horseshit on the road. 

• Haha 1