JaneB

Watford 1 Chelsea 2

Diddymen   
14 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

The only reason we're not considered to be under an injury crisis is because of the depth we have in the squad but this is ridiculous. 

I agree.

However, it is a crisis when all your first pick midfielders are unavailable 

Edited by Diddymen

Holymoly   
8 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So many rival fans on reddit.com/r/soccer are acting gobsmacked over Jorginho's placing being so high in the Ballon dO'r. 

Certinaly how he polled higher than Kante beggars belief. Of course the award is only voted for by "journalists" most of whom don't know one end of a ball from the other.

Holymoly   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No point playing James or Werner given the options we have.  Jorginho would be a big miss.  Better call Saul.  S'all Goodman.

Quite honestly, expecting RLC and Jorginho ro play in a two man midfield is probably worse than calling Saul or Barkley in. They compliment each other in no way whatsoever and end up being of far less value than the sum of their parts. Mind you I did warn of this scenario in August when we farmed out Gilmour to the most pointless loan ever.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Saul? *sigh* He hasn't exactly lit the place up.

Not here.  But unlike say RLC he does have a track record of playing CM and playing it well.  We may have to play them both.
I guess the key thing is how he is doing in training.  If he is training like he played against Villa he has no chance.  He was ordinary against Southampton but not awful.

And we aren't looking for a better player than Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic, we are looking for cover while they are unavailable.

59 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Certinaly how he polled higher than Kante beggars belief. Of course the award is only voted for by "journalists" most of whom don't know one end of a ball from the other.

I think you are totally detached from reality on Jorginho.  

Ben Chilwell - Out.
N'golo Kante - Out.
Mateo Kovacic - Out.
Reece James - Doubtful.
Jorginho - Doubtful.
Timo Werner - Doubtful.

Saul and Ruben Loftus-Cheek expected to start in midfield with Marcos Alonso and Cesar Azpilicueta expected to start as wing-backs.

Ham   
28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ben Chilwell - Out.
N'golo Kante - Out.
Mateo Kovacic - Out.
Reece James - Doubtful.
Jorginho - Doubtful.
Timo Werner - Doubtful.

Saul and Ruben Loftus-Cheek expected to start in midfield with Marcos Alonso and Cesar Azpilicueta expected to start as wing-backs.

Surely a place for Mount in a midfield in place of Saul. 

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

Surely a place for Mount in a midfield in place of Saul. 

Hope so , the thought of those two together is a portent of disaster.