My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

3 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

. If we're serious about challenging for the title we really need to take a good long hard look at ourselves, we got lucky in the last game and we didn't fix any of the issues for this game.

Keep saying it, but we are a very clear leve below City and Liverpool and have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title with the current team.  We are in a fight for top four as we have been for years now.

Not going any further until we get a genuine world class striker and creative midfielder.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

To be honest they didn't look that good today. We gave it to them when we were controlling it. Before the penalty it was absolute domination by us. 

Domination is when the opposition is being dragged out of position, panicking, on the back foot. What we do is let a team get into shape and just play the ball in front of them and into the corners, back out again and back in front of them, just going from left to right. For all the possession we have there's no numbers to show for attempts at goal or even dangerous ball into the opposition box.

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Keep saying it, but we are a very clear leve below City and Liverpool and have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title with the current team.  We are in a fight for top four as we have been for years now.

Not going any further until we get a genuine world class striker and creative midfielder.

Yes. We are dominating games and spells, but not making them count. Which leads to pressure to the defenders. It doesn't matter how good we are at getting clean sheets, if we have to live on the knife edge of 1 goal leads constantly, it puts pressure on them. 

Ham   

BT and West Ham celebrating this trophy...... Oh wait. 

Blue Rod   

A good day to be a resident contrarian, to see the goals that nobody else saw, pull out the brilliant stats that the average fans didn't notice, ignore the trajectory of our performance leading to this result. I just wish I could be made one. I have no idea what Michael Tucker did with my application.  

Thought we controlled the game for long periods. But threw it away ultimately. Mendy with two calamitous misjudgements. Unlike him. But you can’t give away goals like that. Left us with too much to do. Lukaku is a problem now as he needs the ball fed to him and it causes us to change the way we play. We looked more of a threat without him. 

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

To be honest they didn't look that good today. We gave it to them when we were controlling it. Before the penalty it was absolute domination by us. 

True but compared to recent derbies we have had that was very tough. They matched us in running and physical work. Compared to Arsenal and Spurs that was far more difficult. I don’t think we created loads tbh.