My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

GURJ SS   
3 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I think Mendy was waiting for the contact, to get an easy foul. Once he did not get it, he panicked and **** happened. Like I said before, yes, Mendy is at fault, but the larger fault still lies with jorgi and the pass. First of all, look at bowen's starting position when jorgi is playing the pass, the best Mendy could have done is put his foot through it. And then he sold him shot. Absolute disaster specially how good we were uptil then. 

I'm not defending Jorginho's mistake at all, he definitely made a huge mistake, but the pass was still not as short as other back passes that go wrong, the pass actually got to Mendy who then gained full control of the situation, he was under pressure but had his body in-between the striker and the ball. It was the moment he decided to dribble with the ball is what made it his fault. Put it like this, if he kicks it out for a corner we can say what the hell was Jorginho doing to his keeper, but Mendy chose to keep the ball alive; as a keeper your instinct is to kill a move not keep it alive, he basically went against the natural instincts of what a keeper does to give the opposition a fighting chance. It was baffling from that perspective, yes Jorginho got it very wrong, but instead of saving his team from a bad situation Mendy chose to keep them in it and made a bad situation worse.

21 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

That’s only the third time in TT’s 53 games in charge that we’ve conceded more than one goal. I don’t think anybody can say we can’t defend. In all honesty I think we’ve been overdue a result like this, doesn’t make it feel any better though, especially not against that bunch of caravaning b******s.

Whu - no ng

Villa - no ng

Wba - no ng.

Not difficult to see the common thread

GURJ SS   
4 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Another oddity is that Lukaku and Jorghino appear to have the same apologists. If Lukaku isn't getting goals, or even opportunities then either the midfield passing maestro or the world class striker.....or both must be responsible.

I think the issue there is that people think because Jorginho is an Italian who plays a holding role that they think he should play like Pirlo, that's not his game. He doesn't see the ball in the positions where a player like Cesc would see it, he plays further back than that; just because he plays neat football doesn't mean he's a passing maestro who's job is to get assist, and that's not what he has done his whole career so I'm not sure why people expect him to do it now. None of our midfield 2 regardless of the combo are passing maestros, we haven't had one of those since Cesc.

As for Lukaku, Werner and Havertz also have the same issues he has. We have 4 players who supply the striker directly, that's the wingbacks and the 2 attacking mids. When Lukaku plays he stays central and doesn't see the ball. When Werner or Havertz play they'll drift wide to get the ball, looks better but in reality there's no one in the middle now so it's moot point going out wide if there's no one to pass to.

Also people massively underrate Kovacic and his ability to pick the ball up and break lines through the middle to open a game up, he's our biggest miss by far.

Firstly , I thought we played quite well up to a point .

That point was the removal of Havertz and replacement by Lukaku who was dreadful by any metric .

Simply put , we look a better team when he's not in it .

Someone said pre game on here that West Ham will keep things tight until the last twenty minutes and was proved correct .

West Ham were not very good , we gifted them two goals and defender like clowns for the lead up to the other one .

The winter slump is a real probability as injuries mount and the quality drops .

We can't get into five goal thrillers with sides when we cannot fashion a clear cut chance and fold when under pressure .

We won't be top at Christmas or at the end of the season.

51 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Seriously? The dude is holding Mendy accountable but has absolved jorginho, who was mind numbingly awful. The guy could actually see Bowen, it was not even a blind pass and yet chose to play the ball and sell Mendy shot. Mendy did panic and could have done better, but the problem was jorginho, not Mendy. Even throughout the game, the 3rd best player in the world showed why he is a defensive liability. 

Moreover like I said pre- game, alonso should never have started for defensive solidarity. 

Droy's man-crush on Jorghino is well documented and can therefore be discounted in any serious discussion about the merits of our midfield. In his development of his Jorghino narrative we have finally arrived at the inevitable Polyphemic destination, once one-eyed, he is now completely blind.

Edited by RDC Williams

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Don’t know what to say, a defeat has been coming if we’re honest, we’ve been poor for a few weeks now and then add to that the amount of injuries we’ve got.

Going to be a very tough month for us and January looks even harder.

Time to put the Christmas tree lights up and forget about football (until I have to coach my U11s team a god awful o’clock tomorrow!)… we’re lacking a decent striker too.

Not Yet - Noddy Holder.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Firstly , I thought we played quite well up to a point .

That point was the removal of Havertz and replacement by Lukaku who was dreadful by any metric .

Simply put , we look a better team when he's not in it .

We won't be top at Christmas or at the end of the season.

Couldn't agree more with those points!

I'm wondering what would be considered a good enough season -  6-8 points within the title winners?  Pressure on TT if it's 10+?

Not saying I want TT to go if it is 10+ but we know how trigger happy the people at the top are 

Edited by boratsbrother

19 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I think the issue there is that people think because Jorginho is an Italian who plays a holding role that they think he should play like Pirlo, that's not his game. He doesn't see the ball in the positions where a player like Cesc would see it, he plays further back than that; just because he plays neat football doesn't mean he's a passing maestro who's job is to get assist, and that's not what he has done his whole career so I'm not sure why people expect him to do it now. None of our midfield 2 regardless of the combo are passing maestros, we haven't had one of those since Cesc.

As for Lukaku, Werner and Havertz also have the same issues he has. We have 4 players who supply the striker directly, that's the wingbacks and the 2 attacking mids. When Lukaku plays he stays central and doesn't see the ball. When Werner or Havertz play they'll drift wide to get the ball, looks better but in reality there's no one in the middle now so it's moot point going out wide if there's no one to pass to.

Also people massively underrate Kovacic and his ability to pick the ball up and break lines through the middle to open a game up, he's our biggest miss by far.

I'm not sure we can afford a neat and tidy, rinky dink midfielder who doesn't really do anything else apart from the occasional hoppity skip penalty. The reason why people can't see the point of Jorghino is perhaps, not that they are idiots, but because there really is not enough to his game. De Bruijne for example can do everything he can do and a whole lot more.