My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Incredibly weird to have a go at Lukaku in this game. It’s like seeing a fetish you can’t grasp. 

Really bad substitutions from TT. To beat this team you have stretch them because they both attack and defend like a compact pack of wolves. If you stretch them however and force them to play with bigger distances between midfield and defence and attack, they struggle. Which is why it was so baffling to me that TT took of Ziyech who WH always had to respect because of his long, precise vertical and horizontal passing game, and put on Pulisic and CHO, players who offer so little vertical and horizontal threat. Not only that but they are also ineffective against compact sides that are physical. It’s like gifting Moyes the three points. The obvious sub was to put on Werner who at least would have kept their team stretched and honest. TT for me has to do better here.

I can forgive Mendy. He could not clear it on the first touch because the risk of him wiping down their player was significant. That’s a clear red card. On his second touch he should have cleared it but he is a keeper and unfortunately it is easy for keepers to misjudge how quickly those situations escalate. We have seen it time and time again. They play at a different pace 99.9% of their career. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta
  • Like 1

Awful result. Pro-rata we’re on for 83-84 points.  Won’t be anywhere near enough to challenge for the title unfortunately. 

Either we start performing and racking up points or we will be gone from the title race in February/March. 

Holymoly   

I see that TT has come out and publicly criticised Mendy and Jorginho for the result. Hopefully the squad takes the hit positively and doesn't turn against him the same as PSG.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

I see that TT has come out and publicly criticised Mendy and Jorginho for the result. Hopefully the squad takes the hit positively and doesn't turn against him the same as PSG.

Never ever a good thing to do! 

Stelling could not be happier . Glad he's being pensioned off .