My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not saying we're terrible ,

No, but you did say:

Any team worth their salt with a manager with any understanding whatsoever is going to press us like a heretical martyr and wait for us to fall over ourselves trying to play intricate one touch passes on the edge of our box

It is saying we are terrible, without saying it.

Put our proper CMs back in the team, and the passing out from the back "problem" goes away.

Last night may well have been awful...... tomorrow is a new day. 

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, but you did say:

Any team worth their salt with a manager with any understanding whatsoever is going to press us like a heretical martyr and wait for us to fall over ourselves trying to play intricate one touch passes on the edge of our box

It is saying we are terrible, without saying it.

Put our proper CMs back in the team, and the passing out from the back "problem" goes away.

Last night may well have been awful...... tomorrow is a new day. 

Paul , in fairness to me , you haven't watched the game , I did . And the highlighted part is exactly what happened until the poor soul in the crowd was taken ill and TT read them the riot act in the downtime. 

chara   

OK....the first ten minutes or so were a complete nightmare...Watford threw everything at Chelsea and created "confusion" in the Chelsea half..where everyone seemed to be from ko!;;;it was never going to last but as the Iron Duke said......

The medical emergency put everything on hold and we all..including the players had a chance to "breathe",,,,,,,,,,,,and "breathe".

As predicted in my pre match post the techie guy arrived just before the Watford goal and it was into the second half before the game resumed in our house....even before all that as a couple of posters pointed out when their heads were clear the Chelsea players went through the Watford defence like a hot knife through butter...only problem was it seemed to take a long time between head cleared vision and events.

Two excellent goals..waaay too good for the game but REAL goals...hopefully a portentr for the future...Saul..sigh...RLC..sigh......Silva....my hero as ever.....

Three points at a dodgy ground....whatever you may think they..Watford...scored 4 goals against manure...Chelsea won.......

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Paul , in fairness to me , you haven't watched the game , I did . And the highlighted part is exactly what happened until the poor soul in the crowd was taken ill and TT read them the riot act in the downtime. 

I am not disputing it didn't happen. I am not saying we played well. What I am disputing is the notion that all WH have to do is repeat what Watford did and we will "fall over ourselves" 

One poor performance with our best 3 CM all missing doesn't mean it WILL happen again. 

My goodness.

We beat leicester and Juve less than 10 days ago for a combined 7-0. We were absolutely magnificent. 

And then we lose all of our 3 main CMs. Saul totally looks done, both of our starting wing backs are unavailable. And people wanna seriously crib over "poor performances". Seriously? With trevoh injured, we barely have enough bodies to put in mid and defence, and yet we are winning. Some people are just irritating.

• Like 3

asvaberg   

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Rüdiger

James                          Alonso

Kante - Jorginho - Mount

Havertz - Lukaku

if Kante is fit, this is the strongest team we can setup - I think

Edited by asvaberg

Jasonb   

I would settle for just one coming back for this one.

Certainly now becoming a crisis for us.

I also agree that Christensen might be able to fill the DM spot if needed,