My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

RDCW   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

93rd minute and Liverpool get a 1-0 win .

Inevitable. We are living in a time when evil prospers.

• Haha 2

Leo91   

Quite simply we don't have the experience of this Liverpool or City side to grind a season out or the killer edge of a Liverpool.

Whether that comes in time we shall see 

Edited by Leo91

SS_89   
3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Quite simply we don't have the experience of this Liverpool or City side to grind a season out or the killer edge of a Liverpool.

Whether that comes in time we shall see 

See these posts tend to grind my gears, we have no idea whether or not we do, we haven't had a full season under Tuchel yet and up until today Liverpool were behind us, so were they doing well or not? 

Yh undoubtedly we've hit a run of average/poor form but it's coincided with some key injuries as well, it happens and we may not win the league but I'm confident we'll put up a good fight. Is everyone forgetting Liverpool will lose Salah and Mane to AFCON in Jan? Let's see how they fair then. As it stands we are only 1 point behind them (and maybe 2 behind city by then end of the weekend). 

Football is a funny game things can turn on its head very quickly. 

Edited by SS_89

1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

Another oddity is that Lukaku and Jorghino appear to have the same apologists. If Lukaku isn't getting goals, or even opportunities then either the midfield passing maestro or the world class striker.....or both must be responsible.

Yeah - us apologists are going to have a tough time today.  All the Jorginho haters have come out of the woodwork after being in hiding for a year and they want some revenge for what he has done (to them in 2021).

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

I'm not defending Jorginho's mistake at all, he definitely made a huge mistake, but the pass was still not as short as other back passes that go wrong, the pass actually got to Mendy who then gained full control of the situation, he was under pressure but had his body in-between the striker and the ball. I

2% Jorginho, 98% Mendy and that is being harsh on Jorginho.   Mendy dealt with a dozen passes as bad in the game and some ludicrous kamikaze moment at the early goal kicks.

Mendy has generated a lot of good will so we are all happy to move on over this.

36 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Incredibly weird to have a go at Lukaku in this game. It’s like seeing a fetish you can’t grasp. 

Really bad substitutions from TT. To beat this team you have stretch them because they both attack and defend like a compact pack of wolves. If you stretch them however and force them to play with bigger distances between midfield and defence and attack, they struggle. Which is why it was so baffling to me that TT took of Ziyech who WH always had to respect because of his long, precise vertical and horizontal passing game, and put on Pulisic and CHO, players who offer so little vertical and horizontal threat. Not only that but they are also ineffective against compact sides that are physical. It’s like gifting Moyes the three points. The obvious sub was to put on Werner who at least would have kept their team stretched and honest. TT for me has to do better here.

Lukaku - quite.
Ziyech - yes I agree his skill was always more needed than the pace of Pulisic or CHO.  Arguably keeping Alonso was a better choice too.  WHU weren't going to be outpaced at the back.

But it may have had more to do with fitness and coming games than tactics.

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, didierforever said:

I think Mendy was waiting for the contact, to get an easy foul. Once he did not get it, he panicked and **** happened. Like I said before, yes, Mendy is at fault, but the larger fault still lies with jorgi and the pass. First of all, look at bowen's starting position when jorgi is playing the pass, the best Mendy could have done is put his foot through it. And then he sold him shot. Absolute disaster specially how good we were uptil then. 

Funny match even though we were good early on Silva was uncharacteristically making mistakes. 

At the end of the day with Bowen's open goal miss we could have lost 4-2. 

Havertz's injury was a big turning point for me as Lukaku was more static yet we messed up even for the third, Antonio's movement created space for the shot and Mendy was not watching so reacted too late. 

We were not terrible yet West Ham seemed to have more movement late in the game and also defended in numbers to stop our crosses from the flanks.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah - us apologists are going to have a tough time today.  All the Jorginho haters have come out of the woodwork after being in hiding for a year and they want some revenge for what he has done (to them in 2021).

2% Jorginho, 98% Mendy and that is being harsh on Jorginho.   Mendy dealt with a dozen passes as bad in the game and some ludicrous kamikaze moment at the early goal kicks.

Mendy has generated a lot of good will so we are all happy to move on over this.

Lukaku - quite.
Ziyech - yes I agree his skill was always more needed than the pace of Pulisic or CHO.  Arguably keeping Alonso was a better choice too.  WHU weren't going to be outpaced at the back.

But it may have had more to do with fitness and coming games than tactics.

What did Lukaku do so well then , because from where I was sat it looked like a massive downgrade on Havertz ? 

Jorginho played a silly ball back to Mendy under pressure , Mendy should have been more composed but it was nearer 60-40 than 2-98

Two games , two big errors , doesn't make him a bad player in my opinion , he plays , we generally play better, but it is what it is .

We had 63 percent of the ball , Mount got a worldy , and we got a goal from a set piece , this is us in a nutshell , we don't make enough clear cut goal scoring opportunities , everything is fudged through ten defenders because we want 80 more touches of the ball than necessary.

Some of that is entirely on the static shoulders of our static ,  lumbering CF , bought to score goals and doesn't look like he knows how to. 

RDCW   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What did Lukaku do so well then , because from where I was sat it looked like a massive downgrade on Havertz ? 

Jorginho played a silly ball back to Mendy under pressure , Mendy should have been more composed but it was nearer 60-40 than 2-98

Two games , two big errors , doesn't make him a bad player in my opinion , he plays , we generally play better, but it is what it is .

We had 63 percent of the ball , Mount got a worldy , and we got a goal from a set piece , this is us in a nutshell , we don't make enough clear cut goal scoring opportunities , everything is fudged through ten defenders because we want 80 more touches of the ball than necessary.

Some of that is entirely on the static shoulders of our static ,  lumbering CF , bought to score goals and doesn't look like he knows how to. 

Quite right on Lukaku. We differ on Jorghino generally, but I can respect the difference in our view.

What I can't respect is the view of Polyphemus Was My Hero which is, " I like Jorghino, therefore Jorghino can do no wrong and anyone who says he can is a bitter, vengeful Lampardista, even though I am the only one who perpetually references Lampard." 

• Haha 1

sntpnsnt   

It's sad but it's not a coincidence, I saw liverpool win a lot of games in the last minutes, even in their best seasons.

Klopp takes a lot of risks and has gained with it, today he takes 3 points, we have a more conservative coach and that also has his weight.

I don't know what effect the absence of salah and Mané will have during the month of January, I hope a lot, what is impressive is how the same players always play at such a high rate twice a week.

What a depressing Saturday.
I was so confident in our victory.