My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Some of that is entirely on the static shoulders of our static ,  lumbering CF.

There were a few times when we had the ball  around their penalty area and I keep a close eye on him. There he was,  yet again, literally standing there like a statue. 😡

At this level in the Premiership, without simple goals laid on a plate for him, he is an atrocious waste of money and a liability. What worries me is the transfer fee will mean we keep waiting and waiting for him to become the "world class" striker that we need to be serious contenders before finally dumping him in 3 years time and 2 managers later.

We comittted football suicide in the 2nd half.  Mendy had probably his worst game for us, and Lukaku was poor as well, although it has to be said the service was non-existent, the usual farting around in and around the penalty area rather than loading the box and putting a cross in.  Only Mason Mount really came out the game with any credit.  Liverpool jammy as ever, City winning ATM as well, but we must not give up, hopefully when Salah and Mane g to the ACN the Red Mickeys's season falls apart.

31 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Quite right on Lukaku. We differ on Jorghino generally, but I can respect the difference in our view.

What I can't respect is the view of Polyphemus Was My Hero which is, " I like Jorghino, therefore Jorghino can do no wrong and anyone who says he can is a bitter, vengeful Lampardista, even though I am the only one who perpetually references Lampard." 

Come on dude. Jorgi had a worldly. Like he usually does without kante. 🤭

53 games under TT, only 3 games where we have conceded 1+. All 3 did not have kante. Would love to have an analysis of goals conceded per mid pairing. Would be telling.

Klippety is already petitioning the ruling bodies to let Salah and Mane play against us before they leave for the ACN .

I'm sure they'll get it too ,  because,  "Liverpool".

By then we could be hanging on anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Klippety is already petitioning the ruling bodies to let Salah and Mane play against us before they leave for the ACN .

I'm sure they'll get it too ,  because,  "Liverpool".

By then we could be hanging on anyway.

Flattering,  but we really aren't his competition this season.

Chrisb   
28 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

We comittted football suicide in the 2nd half.  Mendy had probably his worst game for us, and Lukaku was poor as well, although it has to be said the service was non-existent, the usual farting around in and around the penalty area rather than loading the box and putting a cross in.  Only Mason Mount really came out the game with any credit.  Liverpool jammy as ever, City winning ATM as well, but we must not give up, hopefully when Salah and Mane g to the ACN the Red Mickeys's season falls apart.

I’m sure the refs and officials will step up to ensure they’re not missed.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:
1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Incredibly weird to have a go at Lukaku in this game. It’s like seeing a fetish you can’t grasp. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lukaku - quite.

What did Lukaku do so well then , because from where I was sat it looked like a massive downgrade on Havertz ? 

Not a lot.  And if you follow the quote through I haven't said much about him either.
We played an ideal game for Lukaku H1, and less so H2.  But neither Havertz or Lukaku impressed today and the best chances fell to Havertz.
(Recently Havertz has been good and I do reckon he is a CF in the making).

Jorginho played a silly ball back to Mendy under pressure , Mendy should have been more composed but it was nearer 60-40 than 2-98

Well then we were lucky not lose 7-2 then, because there were a dozen back or side passes to Mendy that were as bad as that one.  I'll stick with 2-98 blame

Two games , two big errors , doesn't make him a bad player in my opinion , he plays , we generally play better, but it is what it is .

Had to assume this was about Mendy - two big errors in 1 game.  But he has been good this year and the last game, Watford, was won because their keeper got his hand/hands to both goals but still let them in.

3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy mistakes have looked more likely recently, but still on balance he has had a great season so far.....

Poor Mendy. Obviously not the one that saved our backside numerous times this season.

Just one example, but if you wanted to have a go you should have read the whole sentence instead of quoting the whole post.