My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We've had a couple of poor seasons over the last 15 years, but we've never been more than a couple of years from winning or seriously competing for the title...up until Jorginho arrived. 

2010/11 finished with 71 points, nowhere near the PL title till 13/14.
We have had 3 title competing seasons (80 points +)  in the last 11.
We ARE COMPETING for the title this year and WE HAD the players last year too.

Why do I get the feeling that facts don't interfere with your opinions?

Blue Rod   
8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Thought we controlled the game for long periods. But threw it away ultimately. Mendy with two calamitous misjudgements. Unlike him. But you can’t give away goals like that. Left us with too much to do. Lukaku is a problem now as he needs the ball fed to him and it causes us to change the way we play. We looked more of a threat without him. 

Yes, Lukaku is a £100m problem. But I disagree that we controlled the game. West Ham deliberately started defensively. We managed a goal from a corner. They then went open. It looks like we actually played to their plan.  

1 hour ago, Soed90 said:

Don't mean to be pessimistic but we are having a much harder time with injuries now though. It all aligned in the run in last season with more or less no injuries but right now we are having a torrid time. From Tuchels post match comments it even sounds like Jorginho shouldn't be playing right now as he's struggling with pain but we don't really have a choice with Kante & Kovacic out already and Saul Niguez unable to prove he can handle it here.

Yes I agreed with SabCFC when he said this too.  And 100% if we put a fit Kante or Kovacic in midfield we don't get bullied.  
But I do think something can be done about it and TT will come up with a plan.  I suspect we got complacent with a run of games where our only problem was converting total dominance into goals.  Now we have the goals but are losing the dominance.  Chalobah at DM playing low risk football was for me the best we have played for a few games albeit just 15 mins.    Maybe James or Christensen should play there (and assuming Azpi is actually fit).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

2010/11 finished with 71 points, nowhere near the PL title till 13/14.
We have had 3 title competing seasons (80 points +)  in the last 11.
We ARE COMPETING for the title this year and WE HAD the players last year too.

Why do I get the feeling that facts don't interfere with your opinions?

Your maths must be pretty bad if you can't see 2010/11 to 13/14 is just a couple of seasons. As for this season. Not even half way yet, so lets see if we're still in touch in a few months time before calling this season a title challenge.

I think that we were poor. After getting the lead back, we should have closed it out. But we kept being sloppy, putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure, and it eventually cost us. Yes, we have injuries, but we're supposed to be able to deal with those, aren't we? The 'busy' December continues, and we better find a solution before our premier league chances are just a fanciful memory.. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Yes, Lukaku is a £100m problem. But I disagree that we controlled the game. West Ham deliberately started defensively. We managed a goal from a corner. They then went open. It looks like we actually played to their plan.  

Looking back at the highlights on MOTD I would say that West Ham created better chances and deserved to win. This so called dominance we had, and often do have, without creating that many clear cut chances is quite unusual. Yet we some how manage to score a decent percentage of the few good chances we do create, while at the same time be accused of being poor finishers.  Add this to our back 5 being more dangerous than our forwards, then its all adding up to being a bit of freakish season.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

We've had a couple of poor seasons over the last 15 years, but we've never been more than a couple of years from winning or seriously competing for the title...up until Jorginho arrived. 

Btw. Lukaku being absolutely slaughtered on big football forum. Much better without him is the majority opinion.

You don't need computer generated stats to see that our midfield with Jorginho at its centre has been the least creative of the past 20 yrs (at leaat) This is an observation, not an opinion, by the way. 

Lukaku brings up an issue I once raised and got castigated by those seeking to show their holiness. Rudiger, Silva and Mendy are examples of good signings. Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku are the opposite. To spend such a colossal amount of money and not even end up with a single standout player is just poor. 

That said, we are where we are. The manager must get his team playing. It's now looking like the wrong decision to send Broja and Gallagher on loan. A less risk averse manager might have kept both players and possibly save us £100m in the process. 

Floyd25   
8 hours ago, Cheatedagain said:

RLC looks scared to do it in case he loses the ball

Don’t want to turn this in to a let’s bash RLC session, but the man’s had about one shot in 3 games…3 years ago he was curling them in from 25 yards, his confidence is just shot & I can’t see why he starts over Ross who had a good game last time he played. 

Edited by Floyd25

16 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

can’t see why he starts over Ross who had a good game last time he played. 

I can - Barkley is a talentless oaf, and always has been. If he's a better option than RLC, then we're in serious trouble. 

Ro61   

Watched the game again.First half we bossed it.Second half Moyes tweaked things in midfield and the game changed completely.

Midfield will kill us again.Jorginho is not a premier league top player,at best he is tidy - at worst he floats like a butterfly and stings like one. Midfield Premier players need grit and speed of thought,sorry I just dont rate him.

I don't agree we are miles apart from Liverpool and man city,we have bossed them in the recent past and without the injuries we will boss them in the future.

Lukaku was a waste of money imo,for him to succeed we need to change the way we play that won us  the cl ,which we deserved to be the best team in europe.

I really dont get the pessimism.I still think we are on the right road to do great things.We are european champions ffs.