My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Soed90   
2 hours ago, Ro61 said:

don't agree we are miles apart from Liverpool and man city,we have bossed them in the recent past and without the injuries we will boss them in the future.

I think most would agree we are on the cusp of something great.

Largely we've been fantastic since Tuchel arrived at the club. In my view it feels like this title charge is a year early though. City have a ridiculous squad and a great manager to go with it so I think they will take it home again. I believe we are too thin in certain places and we have already recieved a significant blow with Chilwell likely being out for the season. And we all know of our attackers struggles where City & Liverpool have free scoring attackers and midfielders as we speak.

We will obviously do everything we can to win. And I have no doubt Tuchel and the lads goal is no less than the EPL-title this season.
But in my view it comes a year early. Some strong investment in key areas in the coming summer and we should be in a even greater position for next season.

chelboy   
12 hours ago, Cheatedagain said:

Man for man are we not a better team then them?

up until today I thought we was

Mendy v Alison very close

James vTAA  very close

Chilwell v Robertson ( chelsea just)

Rudi v VVD very close

Silva v any other CH (Chelsea)

Kova/Jorginho v Henderson ( Chelsea)

Mount v Thiago (Chelsea just)

Kante v Fabinho (chelsea)

Whoever v Salah (liverpool)

Lukaku/Havetz v Jota ( Liverpool just )

Cho/Pulisic v Mane (very close)

if we base it on a squad Chelsea are much better

Mendy > Allison 

James > Trent

Rudiger < VVD

Silva > Matip

Chilwell < Robertson 

Jorginho = Fabinho

Kante > Henderson

Thiago = Kova

Any of our forwards < Salah

Lukaku = Jota/Firminho 

Any of our forwards < Mane

We have far better depth but first eleven has always been close. I still see Liverpool as the main challengers and a 90 points team. 

The speed of pass though compared to the Leicester game was so evidently worse,although west ham regrouped a lot quicker than Leicester. I do believe we are in the title race..just but our next 5 games are gonna be tough.then we’ll see where we’re at.

asvaberg   
31 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

The speed of pass though compared to the Leicester game was so evidently worse,although west ham regrouped a lot quicker than Leicester. I do believe we are in the title race..just but our next 5 games are gonna be tough.then we’ll see where we’re at.

Exactly. The rest of December are all "must wins" or we will be struggling for top 4 placement.

42 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Leicester probably would have regrouped just as well if we had handed them a penalty at 1-0. 

I think the key is to stay within touching distance for the early January fixtures. 

11 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Looking back at the highlights on MOTD I would say that West Ham created better chances and deserved to win. This so called dominance we had, and often do have, without creating that many clear cut chances is quite unusual. Yet we some how manage to score a decent percentage of the few good chances we do create, while at the same time be accused of being poor finishers.  Add this to our back 5 being more dangerous than our forwards, then its all adding up to being a bit of freakish season.

A few of us have been saying the same for a while , sixty touches to scuff one across the area that we get a powder puff toe on compared to a quick transition in two or three incisive passes like West Ham did to us countless times yesterday . We had 63 % possession and scored from a corner and a fantastic finish from Mount which happens very rarely .

We are neither quick enough or cute enough from midfield to forwards.

We are a really good side but it's built on the quality of our defence , two of the five who are refusing to sign their contracts.

I like TT and hope he gets a few more seasons to build a side , already both Havertz and Ziyech are improving , Werner for all his endeavour and honesty sadly isn't and Lukaku started Ok but looks like he's realised the EPL isn't Serie A and it's knocked his confidence .

I really didn't think , glaring mistakes aside , we were terrible against West Ham but for the second game in a row we were targeted in the area of the pitch where we are weakest , left of Mendy.

Sadly , we are still in the position where we need a striker and someone who can run at the defence with the ball and isn't Rudiger .

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A few of us have been saying the same for a while , sixty touches to scuff one across the area that we get a powder puff toe on compared to a quick transition in two or three incisive passes like West Ham did to us countless times yesterday . We had 63 % possession and scored from a corner and a fantastic finish from Mount which happens very rarely .

We are neither quick enough or cute enough from midfield to forwards.

We are a really good side but it's built on the quality of our defence , two of the five who are refusing to sign their contracts.

I like TT and hope he gets a few more seasons to build a side , already both Havertz and Ziyech are improving , Werner for all his endeavour and honesty sadly isn't and Lukaku started Ok but looks like he's realised the EPL isn't Serie A and it's knocked his confidence .

I really didn't think , glaring mistakes aside , we were terrible against West Ham but for the second game in a row we were targeted in the area of the pitch where we are weakest , left of Mendy.

Sadly , we are still in the position where we need a striker and someone who can run at the defence with the ball and isn't Rudiger .

Yes. There was also the penetrative run by Rudiger in the second half that had them retreating in a panic. Rudi had options right, left and ahead of him. The move came to nothing because he played the simple pass to his left very poorly. It was really inept counter-attacking.

3 hours ago, chelboy said:

Mendy > Allison 

James > Trent

Rudiger < VVD

Silva > Matip

Chilwell < Robertson 

Jorginho = Fabinho

Kante > Henderson

Thiago = Kova

Any of our forwards < Salah

Lukaku = Jota/Firminho 

Any of our forwards < Mane

We have far better depth but first eleven has always been close. I still see Liverpool as the main challengers and a 90 points team. 

But it's not as simplistic as just comparing players man for man. 

Overall, Liverpool's passing is that bit sharper. They pass and run with the ball at a higher pace. Their intensity on and off the ball is that bit higher than ours. Salah is simply levels above any forward we have and their overall attacking play is far better.

Their manager has his team going for it home and away against every opposition. They never go out and park the bus when up against the very best.

SabCFC   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

West Ham are a pure counterattacking that always go through the wings and are extremely direct. I mean, it suits them but that's not how a top team plays. In fact, they dropped many points recently because they only score on set-pieces, and yesterday their genius plan was to score a scoffed cross, a penalty from a mistake and a long shot. This comparison is pointless.

Mount's goal came from a counter and a 2 pass move, funnily enough. It's as incisive as it gets.

We had our issues recently, but to say we have to change our style or the entire principles that led us to a CL win is reactionary madness. Again, the Juventus performance that was hailed as the best football played by a Chelsea team in years, was just 10 days ago. United could have been a similar performance if CHO scores in the first minute and the floodgates are open. 

Our issues are hardly unsolvable. Lucky for us, we have a manager who's hailed as one of the world's best tactical problem solvers. He's solved the issues we've had after City & Juve, heck he's currently solving the issue of playing with no competent CMs during games. 

So if we're making individual mistakes costing goals, he'll find a way to solve it the same way he tightened the defence after the WBA game last season. The same way he solved our build-up play from the back under pressure after the Sheffield United & Barnsley games last season.

If individual mistakes are down to fatigue, players carrying injuries while playing - then it will be resolved in itself when we don't have to play from Wednesday night to Saturday lunchtime anymore and we get a few players back from injury. I have no doubt about Mendy, Silva, Jorginho's  ability. They've played the biggest games in the career of a football player and performed at the highest level imaginable. They'll be fine.

Our attacking yesterday I didn't think was bad at all. Because of playing with RLC, Tuchel packed the midfield with both Ziyech & Mount - usually it's one of them plus a runner/inside forward. It gave us more control, and obviously cost us some presence inside the box to convert the control into shots. It was a lower risk approach after Watford, a temporary solution to a hopefully temporary problem (Kovacic should be back soon).

Liverpool and City look fantastic. They are very good, into the 6th & 7th years of their coaching regime. Of course they'll look more fluid at this point. While it can argued Klopp's first few months were with a bad squad, the next full seasons ended with 75 & 76 points. Pep's first season ended with 76 points, taking over a 66 points and a heavy transfer window. So some perspective here: Tuchel's first 19 PL games was a pace of 2 points per game, on course for 76 points - this season it's 2.2 points per game, a pace of +83 points. It's a natural organic improvement over time that will have us in the mix for the title race - maybe not win it but at least be in the conversation (something that hasn't happened since 2017). The credentials are here, the achievements are here, the principles of play, the football ideas are visible to all - for the first time in quite some time we have one of the finest tacticians in Europe at the peak of his abilities, to be ready to throw the season away and declare the title race over in December, is premature and daft. No one thought we'd go all the way after the Porto games too as we were less convincing than PSG or City. Let's give it a few weeks before burying this season. We're not trusting a rookie coach, or a proven incompetent coach like Ole, we're trusting a top manager who has already achieved a lot in just a few months. This isn't a "trust the process" type of BS coach.

Edited by SabCFC

^^^^^

I agree with a lot you are saying but still think we need more cutting edge in front of goal and as good as we were against Juve , they really and truly gave up the ghost . 

I really like Tuchel and have absolute faith in him . But we definitely need improvements in the business end of the pitch .