My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

17 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

we desperately need Kante / Kova / Chalobah and fully fit players back ASAP

We were doing perfectly fine without Kovacic.  Kante is the big loss in midfield.

Disastrous weekend,6 of the top 7 won, we've got away with it when we drew with Burnley, and again when we drew with Utd, not so lucky this time.

thats the problem with 3 points for a win, if we had won one and lost one of those games we would be a point better off.

Kante is turning into a big problem, seems to play one or two games and then gets injured, but is not missing for one game, he seems to be out for around 6 or 7 weeks at a time.

Has the time come to let him leave, he owes us nothing, and maybe we can try and get Rice who never seems to get injured

Diddymen   
25 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We were doing perfectly fine without Kovacic.  Kante is the big loss in midfield.

we were doing fine but more numbers means more rest for others

3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

we were doing fine but more numbers means more rest for others

Lot of injuries so fair enough. But we were looking better without him until the Kante and Chilwell injuries knocked us back.

23 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

thats the problem with 3 points for a win, if we had won one and lost one of those games we would be a point better off.

Good point. 

Holymoly   
On 05/12/2021 at 4:16 AM, Michael Tucker said:

I can - Barkley is a talentless oaf, and always has been. If he's a better option than RLC, then we're in serious trouble. 

I think the point is that even a broken clock is capable of being right at least twice a day and he may be worth the risk to give RLC a break from the firing line. Being responsible for clearing up after Jorginho has to take its toll.

Longest match day thread of the season by far. 40 pages and counting, lots of criticism, lots of I told you so's. 

Get it in whilst you can because some of you are going to look ridiculously silly but then again you only come on here for these moments, haven't been any for a while, doubt there will be another any time soon, so make the most of it.

• Like 1

Holymoly   
On 05/12/2021 at 4:53 AM, Ro61 said:

Watched the game again.First half we bossed it.Second half Moyes tweaked things in midfield and the game changed completely.

Midfield will kill us again.Jorginho is not a premier league top player,at best he is tidy - at worst he floats like a butterfly and stings like one. Midfield Premier players need grit and speed of thought,sorry I just dont rate him.

I don't agree we are miles apart from Liverpool and man city,we have bossed them in the recent past and without the injuries we will boss them in the future.

Lukaku was a waste of money imo,for him to succeed we need to change the way we play that won us  the cl ,which we deserved to be the best team in europe.

I really dont get the pessimism.I still think we are on the right road to do great things.We are european champions ffs.

I can't comment on the game itself as I didn't watch it beyond the clubs' own highlights, but from what I've heard our performance was not as dire as against Watford. It's not a disaster to lose away to a side challenging for 4th place although the manner of that defeat was a bit galling. The penalty was unnecessary on a number of levels and the winner was a freak a la Zappacosta but fair dos the second was a good goal. What worries me slightly though is TT's apparently increasing frustration in interviews and just how irked he seems. I really hope this is not indicative of a change in his relationship with the players leading to a loss of the dressing room the way that happened in Paris.

Obviously Jorginho splits us doiwn the middle depending on whether he is as you so eloquently describe or else the second coming. Like you I just don't see what people see in him. Decent yes, but not a game changer, and certainly not a player you anchor your midfield on. I'm also becoming concerned over the future of Kante as he seems to be injured far more often than he is fit. People derided me when I criticised the club for letting Gilmour out on loan at the 11th hour. We had already had warnings of Kante's increasingly delicate fitness and it only took Kovacic's injury to coincide with one of his periods out and all of a sudden we are woefully short of grit in midfield.

Compared with Liverpool and City we are glass cannons. On our day we can blow them away however over the course of a season I still think they have more experience in key positions going forward. The next twelve months in the transfer market are key for us.

I agree on your summation of Lukaku. I feel he was a panic buy when the Haaland deal failed to materialise. His inclusion in the team requires us to change the way we play. What we were looking for was a Werner/Havertz player that could score goals. I think the powers that be simply hoped that his stats in Italy were indicative that he had finally developed into the sort of player he had never been in the Premier League. It would appear that he hasn't.

As it stands, barring any significant acquisitions in January or the zero injuries from here on in I feel our tilt at the title will fail to materialise and that we will end up in a safe position in third, still some distance behind the top two. Our ability to pull out a fantastic performance on any given day however makes me optimistic for silverware elsewhere this season.

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Yet in the absence of Kante the Kova + Jorginho is our next best pairing for me.

Think even more important when we have Alonso at LWB we have some speed in midfield.

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Our ability to pull out a fantastic performance on any given day however makes me optimistic for silverware elsewhere this season.

This is where we will get our revenge against West Ham.