My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

chara   
1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

If you read my posts you would know that I don't think we are ****, just not Premier League winners this season. 

Spot on....the down feelings and reactions when Chelsea lose are not the same as thinking/stating we are ****, most on here ,if not all, appreciate the strengths of the side and the weak areas.....watching RJ rising...Silva at his imperious best..Mendy contributing waaay above the first expectations and on....10 months in?...any views on where Manure will be in ten months?....

Good to see you back and hope illness is passed...

Ro61   

Just to state the obvious -the xmas period will be crucial to our season - we need key players back or we could lose a lot of ground to Liverpool and  Man City.

I still think we will finish comfortably in the top three..and for me that will do nicely.

We have played some of the best football I have ever seen as a long time chelsea supporter.Let's not get bogged down by a few less than brilliant performances.We are missing key players - when they come back we are still the best team in europe

Let's see how Liverpool perform without Salah.I watched their game against Wolves and  they ain't that special.

• Like 1

Ro61   

TT will get longer than every manager that went before him...why?  because we play good football and we have already won the champions league.keep up people.

18 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Over the years most people including you, have had egg on their face on this forum, even though some will say otherwise.

I am just slightly confused, what in particular has got your back up with the I told you so's?

Out of curiosity what was your other username? As you only joined the forum a couple of months ago I assume you've got a new account?

I haven't got my back up but when all certain people want to do is criticise and try to be proved right after a couple of bad performances/results they are going to get called out on it. If you've been around for years, as you claim, you will know exactly what and who I am talking about. 

Let's get some perspective shall we.

Our manager has been here 10 months.

In that time he took over a shambles that was 8th in the league and  secured a top 4 finish, took us to the FA cup final and won the champions League.

This season we are third with the second highest goals scored and joint top with goals conceded.

We are two points behind City who have spent an absolute fortune and have had their manager in charge for a number of years.

We are one point behind Liverpool that have had their manager for a number of years and recently won the league and champions League. 

We are not mid table neither have we had a bad start to the season, quite the opposite in fact. We are within 2 points of two of best sides to ever play in this league after 15 games. Two sides that have had their managers in place for years and been given time by their club and fans to build something. 

We have one bad result and everyone wants to say I told you so. The criticism of Jorginho is laughable but he has been so good for a number of years that people that do not rate him, they are wrong by the way and that is not an opinion that is a fact, could not wait to stick the knife in after 2 bad mistakes, not even bad performances just 2 individual mistakes.

Lukaku is getting slated when he is not even fit to start games, again the same people that want to slate him were very quiet earlier in the season.

10 months under Tuchel, a top 4 finish, FA cup final, Champions league win and a title challenge, which make no mistake we are quite clearly challenging, and people want to moan and throw abuse at our players after one bad result. It is embarrassing. I wouldn't mind so much if they were as vocal when things were going well but you don't hear from them.

I called Mendy toilet after watching some YouTube videos of him. I held my hands up and said I got it badly wrong, shame others can't do the same.

24 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We have one bad result and everyone wants to say I told you so. The criticism of Jorginho is laughable but he has been so good for a number of years that people that do not rate him, they are wrong by the way and that is not an opinion that is a fact, could not wait to stick the knife in after 2 bad mistakes, not even bad performances just 2 individual mistakes.

Exactly.  

Blue Rod   
46 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Out of curiosity what was your other username? As you only joined the forum a couple of months ago I assume you've got a new account?

I haven't got my back up but when all certain people want to do is criticise and try to be proved right after a couple of bad performances/results they are going to get called out on it. If you've been around for years, as you claim, you will know exactly what and who I am talking about. 

Let's get some perspective shall we.

Our manager has been here 10 months.

In that time he took over a shambles that was 8th in the league and  secured a top 4 finish, took us to the FA cup final and won the champions League.

This season we are third with the second highest goals scored and joint top with goals conceded.

We are two points behind City who have spent an absolute fortune and have had their manager in charge for a number of years.

We are one point behind Liverpool that have had their manager for a number of years and recently won the league and champions League. 

We are not mid table neither have we had a bad start to the season, quite the opposite in fact. We are within 2 points of two of best sides to ever play in this league after 15 games. Two sides that have had their managers in place for years and been given time by their club and fans to build something. 

Lukaku is getting slated when he is not even fit to start games, again the same people that want to slate him were very quiet earlier in the season.

10 months under Tuchel, a top 4 finish, FA cup final, Champions league win and a title challenge, which make no mistake we are quite clearly challenging, and people want to moan and throw abuse at our players after one bad result. It is embarrassing. I wouldn't mind so much if they were as vocal when things were going well but you don't hear from them.

I called Mendy toilet after watching some YouTube videos of him. I held my hands up and said I got it badly wrong, shame others can't do the same.

You've just opened up on what your issues are with the foeum. Basically to you, every manager or player is either perfect or rubbish, and there is no manager or player who may be doing some things good and other things wrong or not so good. Or if we think there were we must not talk about them.

And where did you come across the abuse of Jorginho? If you called Memdy toilet for whatever reason, that constitutes abuse, and you should be ashamed. As far as I can see on this thread, no one is using abusive words for Jorginho, or Kovacic, or for any player for that matter. 

There are forum members who have been constantly critical of certain players and then jump at every opportunity to demonstrate their loyalty by telling off others for criticising other player. There is no need for that either. 

This is a football forum. Even on his recent exceptional form, people should feel free to discuss Mendy's weaknesses without being told by others that they are being disloyal. 

I personally have a thick skin for your type of criticism, because I know that you only represent a certain subculture in the forum. But then, diversity is 👍 

Edited by Blue Rod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  

Exactly wrong . 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

This.

Those who disliked Jorginho are those who disliked Sarri, and saw no separation. These are the people that said Lampard wouldn't pick him etc, but when he did, suddenly, for the first time, Jorginho's name was sung from the MH Lower. Obviously TT has continued to pick him too, which further weakens the argument.

FWIW, the first goal on Saturday is on Mendy, IMO. Could have hoofed it first time. Didn't. Could have kicked it out for a throw second time. Didn't and got caught. 

I also think the 2nd and 3rd goals, whilst not "howlers" were savable on a good day. 

• Like 1

SabCFC   
On 04/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, SabCFC said:

Considering that we played late Sunday then Wednesday evening (3 days) then Saturday lunchtime (2 days), that's the most ridiculous schedule we'll play - rivalling Boxing Day. 

At some point, injuries and the collateral damage (changes, lack of rotation, fatigue) catches up even with the best teams. It's pretty obviously what happened to Liverpool last season, from top in Christmas to out of the top 4 a month later. They were still a very good team, they were too decimated to cope.

I imagine that Liverpool without their 3 first choice CMs would be crappy, maybe City would cope with that but they do have the deepest squad in the entire continent.

All of this to say, we're seeing unusual mistakes from very reliable players (Silva, Mendy, Jorginho - some punished, some not), and that's definitely down to fatigue, physical and mental. It reminds me of the end of last season with a similar turnaround between the FA Cup games, the CL games and the Top 4 dog fight and we conceded more goals than usual in similar fashion. We had a full week to prepare the C finalL, we had everyone back fit, and we produced one of our best performances ever in Porto - one week after that defeat to Villa that followed a crazy schedule of Arsenal, Leicester, Leicester, Villa in 10 days.

Players aren't machines. When Jorginho, Alonso play through injury and pain, it's hard not to have a drop off in form. When Lukaku plays 45 minutes and he's clearly not match fit. Rudiger has played every minute back from the international break. That's enough of fatigue to lose that 5 or 10% of physical levels to make you a little slower to press, a little slower to attack challenges, a little slower to track back. 

Tuchel just right now:

In general, we have to constantly be at our highest level. Teams try to press us high and we've had many games we found solutions. The mistakes against Watford and West Ham is in a high pressing moment but I don't think it's a structural problem. It's also down to mental and physical fatigue. If you see now that Jorginho is now out with back pain but he played against West Ham because we had Kovacic and Kante out.

Talent and tactics are one thing, you can be the most talented and have the most on point tactics, but if you're not physically 100% you can't execute. It's basic Physical Education 101 - even if you play in the park with your mates, you should notice that you're less sharp when you're tired. Worse if you're carrying pain in your body. Players aren't machines.

• Like 1

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, SabCFC said:

Tuchel just right now:

Talent and tactics are one thing, you can be the most talented and have the most on point tactics, but if you're not physically 100% you can't execute. It's basic Physical Education 101 - even if you play in the park with your mates, you should notice that you're less sharp when you're tired. Worse if you're carrying pain in your body. Players aren't machines.

Cue some clown saying, "yeah but they get paid 150k a week, so............"