My Blood Is Blue

West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

Are people still hoping that Lukaku can be a success? I would prefer to be starting with Havertz and any of the fluid players around him.

Just see Lukaku fitting a team that is only built around him. Just like Spurs and Kane. Hope to be proven wrong and eating my words by the end of the day.

I think Havertz fits better with the team though Lukaku does attract defenders allowing the others more space to operate.

Lukaku was never our first choice just one that was available.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Surprised no Romelu..... Guess they are being cautious.

Impact sub

Alonso is more than decent and always has been in a blue shirt.  Chillwell is ahead of him but, nobody else currently is in the team. Emerson would've been a great option - another underated player by our 'fans'. 

If you think so, fair to you. 

I think he has his pros and a lot of cons. Defensively he is poor/average. We all saw how good chilwell was in the system. How much his running and speed caused a problem for opponents. While alonso does add to the attack, it's no where near to that, which is telling for a defender whose usp is his attack. 

Are people still hoping that Lukaku can be a success? I would prefer to be starting with Havertz and any of the fluid players around him.

Just see Lukaku fitting a team that is only built around him. Just like Spurs and Kane. Hope to be proven wrong and eating my words by the end of the day.

Lol. And you want people to respect alonso's mediocrity while talking **** about one of the best strikers in the world.  😂

I know options are limited but I am still really surprised Loftus-Cheek plays again, and presumably in a midfield two. It hasn't worked against a side who sat back, or a side who pressed. I don't see it working here.

I'm not able to watch, though and we seem to play better when I can't!

Holymoly   
6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I know options are limited but I am still really surprised Loftus-Cheek plays again, and presumably in a midfield two. It hasn't worked against a side who sat back, or a side who pressed. I don't see it working here.

As you say, little choice. Unfortunately there is no way he and Jorginho can play effectively together and I fear our midfield is going to be ransacked by Rice et al.

It depends which West Ham turns up today but after the Watford game I'm guessing they will be smelling blood. Hopefully, we've got that bad performance out of our systems and it's back to normal but we really could do with some of our injuries coming back sooner rather than later or else I can see us recalling one of our midfield loanees back in January.

Hopefully our defense can keep us in the game and we can nick a goal or two but if you offered me a draw right now I'd seriously consider accepting.

23 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

As you say, little choice. Unfortunately there is no way he and Jorginho can play effectively together and I fear our midfield is going to be ransacked by Rice et al.

Let's be clear. Jorginho is excellent in the position he is playing in. Loftus-Cheek isn't. Jorginho is not to blame for that.