My Blood Is Blue

Zenit St Petersburg 3 Chelsea 3

Saul and Barklay are a last resort and it shows. Sarr looks out if his depth at this level.

Not sure Tuchel was expecting it to be this bad, but it’s not a big surprise. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

he made a good run in the first minute then vanished

Snap

Pleased to see James in midfield, relieved to see Barkley out there instead of a more valuable player.  But goal 2 was all down to Barkley losing it where you shouldn't be taking risks, and then minutes later Kepa bails us out again when James passes softly into open space.

This is Brentford again - where without Silva, Rudiger and Jorginho we are playing a system well beyond the skills of our players.

At least it is warmer than I expected, Lukaku raising quite a sweat, and few of the players wearing gloves.  James the hardest man in the England squad has even got a short sleeve shirt on.

Ham   
Just now, Cheatedagain said:

I know he wanted to rest players, BUT ONCE AGAIN too many changes, keep playing like this and this could be embarrassing

The changes have been forced on us but the quality of some of our fringe squad is worrying

Just now, Cheatedagain said:

I know he wanted to rest players, BUT ONCE AGAIN too many changes, keep playing like this and this could be embarrassing

It was a big gamble and it’s backfired unfortunately. Now Tuchel’s got to probably play some of those he’s rested if he wants anything out of this game. 

Saul, Barkley and Sarr should be nowhere near this team, the same can be said for Werner who unless he is on the goal line and has a tap in, is another who offers nothing.

Well played Kepa!

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

The changes have been forced on us but the quality of some of our fringe squad is worrying

It's using them all at once though.... 

If we were playing an important game, arguably only or two of this starting XI would be in it in the position they are playing tonight....arguably only one