My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

Ro61   
3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

At this rate of improvement I'm not sure any of us will live to see the day Havertz actually plays like a £75m player.

I thought we were poor in every department of the game. If this is what improvement looks like, God help us when we actually stop improving.

We managed to grind out a win, which I'm very happy about. Apart from that, the trajectory has been worryingly down for a few weeks now. 

Yes.I watched the whole game just now.Glad for the win of course but we were awful.Alonso is an intelligent player I really like but he is not a full back or a wing back at this time of his career,play him further forward, if at all.

The sooner we get Kovacic and Kante back the better. The midfield is putting a strain on the whole team.I'm afraid RLC just can't cut it in this league,he constantly loses possession in the danger areas and I find it difficult to see what he does well.

It was easy to see Tuchel was not impressed even with the win which is good to see.The xmas period is crucial to our title ambitions - we could sink like a stone if we're not careful.

1 hour ago, Ro61 said:

Yes.I watched the whole game just now.Glad for the win of course but we were awful.Alonso is an intelligent player I really like but he is not a full back or a wing back at this time of his career,play him further forward, if at all.

The sooner we get Kovacic and Kante back the better. The midfield is putting a strain on the whole team.I'm afraid RLC just can't cut it in this league,he constantly loses possession in the danger areas and I find it difficult to see what he does well.

It was easy to see Tuchel was not impressed even with the win which is good to see.The xmas period is crucial to our title ambitions - we could sink like a stone if we're not careful.

This Rlc fallacy is going overboard now.

He made 4 successful tackles to jorginho's 1, each of them made 2 interceptions, Rlc had a blocked shot to jorginho's 0. Add to that the fact that RLC had more dribbles, drove the ball multiple times into the Leeds defence. 

Jorginho had 2 penalties to be the hero of the game, but other than the 2 pens, he was poor. Leeds cut through our mid like knife through butter, which is testament to how poor we were. If the sample size for jorgi was the last 4 games without kante, you could easily come up with the same conclusion for him as you did for Rlc. 

At the end of the day, they are a poor combo. Both need runners around them, which neither is. Add to all of that alonso's mediocrity, and we have a disaster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

But we’re also missing the backup to Kante, Kovacic and both Chilwell and Kante are crucial to how we play, so a drop off in form isn’t that much of a shock. Injury crisis may be too strong but it’s been a bad run of luck in terms of injuries, no doubt about it.

Losing either of James or Chilwell when we did was always going to have a big impact, they had become crucial to how we were playing when we were fully firing, but without one of them it limits the impact the other can make.

Losing 2 first teamers is always difficult, but it should not be catastrophic.

Let's be honest, since kante was injured, it's been catastrophic. 

Last 5 games, we have conceded 10 goals, compared to have conceded 4 goals in 12 PL games before that. 

Under TT we have conceded more than 1 goal just 5 times, and we have done so 3 times in a row in the last 3. The other 2 instances of conceding 1+ was against wba (5) and villa (2), both games did not include kante. 

There is such a massive drop off without kante that it's borderline unacceptable. No team/squad should be so reliant on one player. The dude literally carries his midfield partner in most games (as is evident with the record without him). 

At the end of the day, we were title challengers because we had the deepest squad. Let's be honest just comparing first team to first team, city and Liverpool are still a level ahead. Our squad depth was supposed to be the differential specially in comparision to Liverpool who have a good 16/17 and then a massive dearth in quality. Yet, we are the ones who are getting shafted due to injuries to 1-2 players. 

Edited by didierforever

^ Yes, it’s easy to attribute the recent defensive shambles on Kantes absence. But he’s been out injured a lot lately and we didn’t see this defensive freefall. Perhaps it’s the absence of both Kante and Kovacic that has hit us hard this time? 

Kezza   

Not sure what some people are watching. Maybe the comments about RLC was really about Jorginho instead. RLC rarely loses the ball. Whereas Jorginho on the other hand are either too casual in defending or just plain poor.

Also, what is Lukaku's future here? Only 4 months as well.

Edited by Kezza
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Precisely my point about the Ekoku commentary. 

If I can come in on the ekoku commentary. I like him as an analyst but I don’t think he’s a Chelsea admirer lol. He did the moonwalk somewhat on the Rafinha challenge ( reluctantly  IMO) and the bloke calling the game also was going on about Leeds having half a team out! Not once mentioning our three starters, or our players who are carrying knocks. As for the game, I didn’t expect anything less from Leeds. If they’re not careful they’ll end up in a relegation fight, but those fans of theirs! Another mob who have a sense of entitlement about being in the premier league

Edited by kennypaul

41 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

^ Yes, it’s easy to attribute the recent defensive shambles on Kantes absence. But he’s been out injured a lot lately and we didn’t see this defensive freefall. Perhaps it’s the absence of both Kante and Kovacic that has hit us hard this time? 

This was the point I was trying to make earlier, losing Kante is bad for us but losing Kante and Kovacic at the same time is what has caused us so many problems. People claiming losing ‘only’ Kante has caused the down turn in form is far too simplistic. We’ve lost 2 of our main 3 CMs along with our LWB all at the same time, that is going to impact on our ability to defend and attack, not to forget Christensen suddenly being out the team because of contract issues.

A lot has hindered the team in the last month, not just Kante being out.

9 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Absolutely would take the lucky wins. You win silverware with lucky wins, providing you don't rely solely on it. 

Loved being back at the Bridge. Don't think much could have dampened my spirits as I was so happy to be back. Hope you can go soon too!

Was good to hear the faithful at the top of their lungs near the end. If I was there I think I would have lost my voice.what an odious bunch of self entitled deluded fans Leeds fans are.

• Like 1

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This. 

We don't have the same control of games when we only have one out of our best 3 

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're so easy to play against at the moment , can't score and can't defend

Christmas must be fun in your house :-)