My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We really are down to the bare bones in CM and it's come at the worst time in terms of the number of games we have to play. Saul was obviously signed on the assumption he would fill the CM4 role, but that hasn't worked out at all, so if Kova, Kante and RLC are all still out then we're in quite a bit of trouble for the next couple of games and Lukaku clearly still isn't back at full fitness. At least the next 2 are home games and we have a reasonable gap between them, I suppose.

It depends on fitness, but presuming everyone we currently know to be out is still out, then this is how I would line up.

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Barkley - Alonso

Mount - Havertz - Werner

Subs: Whatever we can cobble together.

You really can't play Barkley there. He doesn't have the brain.

The only value he can offer this team is in the attacking third. He can't be trusted elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The only value he can offer this team is in the attacking third. He can't be trusted elsewhere. 

I'd still have him over Saul, but I do take your point. We could drop Mount back in there, but then we lose so much of what Mount does for the team.

Maybe James will be asked to play there again or even Ziyech, but whoever it is, will not be a natural fit.

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd still have him over Saul, but I do take your point. We could drop Mount back in there, but then we lose so much of what Mount does for the team.

Maybe James will be asked to play there again or even Ziyech, but whoever it is, will not be a natural fit.

I'd happily have Mount there as we have so many alternatives for him in attack........Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz etc 

VA96   

Need to take into account how high the intensity + press will be as well in this one, no time to dilly-dally

20 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Need to take into account how high the intensity + press will be as well in this one, no time to dilly-dally

Yes.  Mount and James, and a much lower risk approach.  Long balls to Lukaku and Werner is fine by me.

17 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Blimey, they're missing almost as many as we are.

Call it off and play it next year.

ROTG   
29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Long balls to Lukaku and Werner is fine by me.

Its the best way to get a tune out of those two

ROTG   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Ideal Newcastle material in January "Hopefully"

Mundane   

Seeing a lot of Mount in your line-up. Do we expect Mount to start? He's played some full minutes the last few games. He could start from the bench this weekend. What do you folks think?