chelboy   

Where on earth was Pulisic in that match? Yeah , Mount and Ziyech weren’t amazing but at least they didn’t hide from the ball. Absolutely pathetic from Pulisic today. With that many forwards missing he has to put in a shift. Instead he was hiding all the time. Not gonna bother talking about Saul. He doesn’t want to play for us so we shouldn’t bother wasting our energy on him. 

Overall , still the same problems for us. Slow speed moving the ball around. Should have scored and created more. A lockdown / football break is probably coming at the right time for us. I don’t think this team is built to handle the winter period. We can’t put in the same level of quality. It’s a clear trend. I thought maybe it might be different with TT but maybe he’s now starting to clock on. Far more individual mistakes start to occur from the players, most mistakes aren’t even punished. It’s not a coincidence. 

Such a disappointing performance. You knew we were screwed when Tuchel brought on Saul and Barklay. Not their fault. They’re lucky to get any game time. Biggest disappointment was Loftus Cheek and Pulisic who both started and seemed genuinely confused out there. 

We might have done better to hang on to the lead once Mount scored. But it was a poor period of play leading up to James giving away a stupid free kick from which they scored.

We’re better than this. But successive injuries to Chilwell, Werner, Lukaku, Havertz, Kovacic, Mount and Kante, have left us exposed. It’s really too big a loss to cope with. We should get third place though if we get everyone back. 

Note to Tuchel though.Just don’t call Saul. It ain’t ever going to happen for him. 

Edited by Original 21

30 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

I said before and I'll say it again kante is a huge part of how this team plays. Nobody can tell me they haven't noticed how much slower we transition to attack without him? Also how much him breaking up play and getting the ball forwards contributes to our attacking play. I can't be the only one. We are so painfully slow in transition. 

True! 

But what use is he when he's hardly able to play a couple of matches before breaking down again?😟 

bONes   
13 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

TT said on the official chelsea web site that he wasn't going to change the way we play replying to the question why we have gone off the boil in recent games. You have to change the way we play when you have so many key players missing.

Farting about with the ball  before moving it forward  might work with a full strength team on form,but with a depleted team you need a plan b and a plan c.

Yeah, at this point we should have a different formation or tactics to try.

Chrisb   
Just now, Bob Singleton said:

I'm with Droy on this. It's a disgusting expression. No need for it.

I’m sure there’s lots of expressions people don’t like, do we just stop speaking? If you don’t like it scroll past. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

Anyone seen TAA's goal...Mike Dean with the assist, TTA's gets the ball and gets ready to shoot and Mike Dean runs across him the goalkeeper is unsighted and the ball flys in

He shot on target from outside the box.  Surely that's cheating?

10 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

with a depleted team you need a plan b and a plan c.

We don't have a plan B, never mind a plan C! And if the likes of Barkley and Saul are the 'answers', then we're in deep trouble. It should be remembered that Everton have been devastated by injury.

Very poor. And if this keeps up any longer, Tuchel won't be here.

We are missing Kante Havertz Lukaku Werner CHO Chilwell and Kovakic. 5 of those start and the other 2 likely come off the bench if it isn’t working. This is not about Tuchel. Some ridiculous knee jerking on here. Frustrating granted, but broken not.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Your opinion. I doubt anyone else even thought like that.

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's made the same point in his one man crusade against the phrase at least a dozen times. 

Nobody cares. 

Ham  continues to attack me for crtiicising it while never using it or defending its use himself.
That is how it works.

7 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

I’m sure there’s lots of expressions people don’t like, do we just stop speaking? If you don’t like it scroll past. 

Come on - it is simply disgusting.  Aren't you and Ham embarrassed by defending it?  You should be.
Just because this is a football site, does not mean people can say what the hell they like or that they don't have to understand the meaning of their own words.

26 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Found something to deflect from Jorginho’s typically great performance.

He was genuinely good and creative tonight - hope some people opened their eyes and noticed.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
4 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We are missing Kante Havertz Lukaku Werner CHO Chilwell and Kovakic. 5 of those start and the other 2 likely come off the bench if it isn’t working. This is not about Tuchel. Some ridiculous knee jerking on here. Frustrating granted, but broken not.

Quite.

Crap performance from most of those who turned out. Nothing about coaching.