Chrisb   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is meaningless in any other way. But now you have considered it, I presume you are also repulsed by it.

Funnily enough, no.

Blue Rod   
18 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We are missing Kante Havertz Lukaku Werner CHO Chilwell and Kovakic. 5 of those start and the other 2 likely come off the bench if it isn’t working. This is not about Tuchel. Some ridiculous knee jerking on here. Frustrating granted, but broken not.

It's about the manager, as it is about the players. It's the same whether we win or lose. Every team is missing one player or another. We are hardly having to field Conference League players. 

Rob B   

It’s hard to be too annoyed tonight as it was pretty obvious we would struggle to score goals against an Everton team who would stick 10 men behind the ball.  What I would say is that subs were awful.  What was TT thinking bringing Saul on up top? 

Pulisic, Alonso, RLC, Ziyech etc just don’t Pose a big enough goal threat and that was our downfall. 

There’s been a fair bit of talk recently about recalling Gallagher and/or Gilmour in January, but the one we should be seriously considering is Broja. 

Chrisb   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

It's about the manager, as it is about the players. It's the same whether we win or lose. Every team is missing one player or another. We are hardly having to field Conference League players. 

Agreed. This time last season when it all started going wrong it was all about the manager and we all know how that ended up. TT has to take some of the blame, we’re chasing a winner at home against the poorest Everton team in 50 years and he brings on Saul and Barkley. That to me is questionable in the least.

DannyLB   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We’re not missing “one player or another” we’re missing seven players. Kante was never going to be risked for this match. I can’t think of one current or historical team that wouldn’t struggle with this. 

Rob B   
4 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

We’re not missing “one player or another” we’re missing seven players. Kante was never going to be risked for this match. I can’t think of one current or historical team that wouldn’t struggle with this. 

His subs actually made us worse though!! Saul as a false 9? Pulisic LWB?  

Take off two giants and concede from a set piece a few minutes later? 

Also, did you see Everton’s line up tonight?  It was way worst than ours…

9 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Easy scapegoat. Without him available (I would’ve said fit but he’s been playing through injury) we’re lucky to be 5th. No player is free from criticism today, just strange he’s making the top of the list for some people. 

For me, he's always up their to be shot at and here's why.

He's central to the way we've been playing for four seasons now, and we still look miles off winning the title playing like this. Far too often we are far too slow, yet we continue doing the same things  over and over and over. 

We need a driving, dynamic player leading our team. Jorginho is a neat and tidy player on the ball but  there's not much else to him.

5 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

We’re not missing “one player or another” we’re missing seven players. 

And Everton were missing 8 - Gray, Rondon, Delph, Richarlson, Townsend, Calvert-Lewin, Davies and Mina. It's not an excuse, and we dominated the game, except where it mattered. 

Blue Rod   
8 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I'm a big Kante fan. But I think we are overpaying this "missing Kante" thing. There are fundamental holes in our tactics that cannot be filled by Kante or all the other missing players. 

Over the past weeks, we have fielded Kante  Havertz, Werner, Lukaku, CHO as well as those who played tonight, in various combinations, and the creative side of our games hasn't been any different even if we managed some good results. 

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

And Everton were missing 8 - Gray, Rondon, Delph, Richarlson, Townsend, Calvert-Lewin, Davies and Mina. It's not an excuse, and we dominated the game, except where it mattered. 

Yep. And that is why the result is so disappointing. They have been terrible of late and decimated by injuries with a much smaller squad than us and we draw.

These are the results that get you down.