Ham   
4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

And Everton were missing 8 - Gray, Rondon, Delph, Richarlson, Townsend, Calvert-Lewin, Davies and Mina. It's not an excuse, and we dominated the game, except where it mattered. 

Yes they were missing a good few but they only came out of their own half once in 95 minutes.  They did the same thing last season against us with their first choice squad at home.  

If you're going to park the bus and rely on one set piece I'm not sure it matters who you put out.  

3 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I'm a big Kante fan. But I think we are overpaying this "missing Kante" thing. There are fundamental holes in our tactics that cannot be filled by Kante or all the other missing players. 

Over the past weeks, we have fielded Kante  Havertz, Werner, Lukaku, CHO as well as those who played tonight, in various combinations, and the creative side of our games hasn't been any different even if we managed some good results. 

True but Kante seems to give us an energy in our play that we do not replicate when he is not fit.

chara   

Question....yellow card for "simulation" right in front of the ref...... I assume it was the same coverage in UK but a var check was shown here leading to a "no penalty" conclusion...why the check ?...and if it had been given what would have happened to the nailed on YC?

Second half I was wondering what sub I had missed as obviously Pulisic was not around...not an attempt at humour!

Saul?....sigh...missed the cross for the goal....made a comment some while back that he should be sent home...unless we can get an away game in Damascus....only possible way forward for him.

As mentioned just knew the goal was coming from the incorrectly (imo) given fk....clipped his own heels; 80% possession ?...sigh.

Kante wasn't needed and glad he stayed on the bench.

Mount made his goal look easy...not taking anything away from it but the squandered chances were a disgrace....Rudi's headed effort summed it all up....again...sigh.

bert19   
1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

We’re not missing “one player or another” we’re missing seven players. Kante was never going to be risked for this match. I can’t think of one current or historical team that wouldn’t struggle with this. 

Regardless of the obvious injuries & illnesses tonight, I think what was most concerning for me was how obvious it was what effect an early Chelsea goal would probably have on the game and just how casual and frankly arrogant our finishing was in the opening 10 minutes. Reece’s was poor and cocky. Mount’s just felt casual and not urgent and why is Pulisic trying to back flick a ball he could control and finish convincingly? 
We should have been out of sight in the first quarter of the game and it was our own attitude that made sure that we had no advantage before Mount gave Pickford a chance to save another effort that he should never have had with another arrogant sort of attempt at a playground finish. Lift it, or hit it with some conviction and he has no chance of saving it. 

City and Liverpool would both have scored early, probably more than once with the chances we had and dispatched the opposition comfortably tonight. We created a lot in that first half. More than enough to have won the game with. Dropping points is entirely our own fault.
We’ll probably see Chelsea drop out of the title picture in the next handful of games for that exact reason. We’re just not clinical and single-minded enough when it comes to killing teams off. And now we seem to have mistakes at the back in us to go with it. 

It strikes me that we’ve had a bit of an attitude problem approaching these games against teams that are struggling or considered as weak for quite some time now - been a few of these very poor performances & results in the last 2-3 seasons. Not quite sure why it hasn’t been ironed out, but it’s an issue that shouldn’t be repeating itself.

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s hard to be too annoyed tonight as it was pretty obvious we would struggle to score goals against an Everton team who would stick 10 men behind the ball.  

There’s been a fair bit of talk recently about recalling Gallagher and/or Gilmour in January, but the one we should be seriously considering is Broja. 

The annoying thing is it wasn't the parked bus that stopped us. We still created plenty despite Everton's game plan. We have had games like this where the opposition truly block us out and we create nothing. But this was different. Tonight was like the 7-0 Norwich game honestly. Rather than say the Brentford game we won 1-0. 

If possible we should recall them. I don't know how these loan agreements work though. Would it jeopardise loan relations going forward with these clubs? 

Just now, bert19 said:

why is Pulisic trying to back flick a ball he could control and finish convincingly? 

Totally forgot about this but I was absolutely seething at the time. 

Ham   

Sky ratings in a game one team dominated from start to finish with 23 shots..

Media bias?

Screenshot_20211216-231510_Sky Sports.jpg

bert19   
2 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Totally forgot about this but I was absolutely seething at the time. 

Honestly, if we’d been 3-0 up after 11 minutes, it would not have flattered us. It was just three crap finishes of great chances that made sure 0-0 flattered Everton. 

bert19   
Just now, Ham said:

Sky ratings in a game one team dominated from start to finish with 23 shots..

Media bias?

Screenshot_20211216-231510_Sky Sports.jpg

Pulisic getting a 6 feels pretty biased to be fair. His ‘The Invisible Man’ act is at least an 8.5/10 though. Really impressive.

Diddymen   

Am I right in thinking that Havertz, Lukaku, Werner and CHO won’t return for another 10 days? If so, that is us out of any consideration of a title challenge. 

I can’t remember a season with so many of our players out. I hope the wolves match is postponed