bert19   
8 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Am I right in thinking that Havertz, Lukaku, Werner and CHO won’t return for another 10 days? If so, that is us out of any consideration of a title challenge. 

I can’t remember a season with so many of our players out. I hope the wolves match is postponed 

So I think I read that Havertz was “waiting for test results” so couldn’t play, but I can’t see the situation getting better before it gets worse at most clubs for now. Four today could easily be ten or fifteen by Saturday or Sunday.

Ro61   
57 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

TT has to take some of the blame, we’re chasing a winner at home against the poorest Everton team in 50 years and he brings on Saul and Barkley. That to me is questionable in the least.

That was something that really worried me.Mourhino was doing things like that on a regular basis before he was rightly sacked.

I'm in no way saying Tuchel is anywhere near as bad as Mourhino was, but when a manager starts  not to make sense you wonder is it the start of a slippery slope.

There is no doubt Tuchel is playing with a weak hand at the 'moment' and I can't apportion  too much blame to him(it's way too early).I would ask who buys the crap we are lumbered with?.Do all teams do the same?.Liverpool and Man City seem to replace deadwood quickly,we seem to keep duds for far too long and just cut our losses.

Ah well,our successes far outweigh our failures..imagine being an arsenal or spurs fan!.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

And Everton were missing 8 - Gray, Rondon, Delph, Richarlson, Townsend, Calvert-Lewin, Davies and Mina. It's not an excuse, and we dominated the game, except where it mattered. 

And they were playing for, and were delighted with a draw. See the difference?

Bison   
3 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

That was something that really worried me.Mourhino was doing things like that on a regular basis before he was rightly sacked.

I'm in no way saying Tuchel is anywhere near as bad as Mourhino was, but when a manager starts  not to make sense you wonder is it the start of a slippery slope.

There is no doubt Tuchel is playing with a weak hand at the 'moment' and I can't apportion  too much blame to him(it's way too early).I would ask who buys the crap we are lumbered with?.Do all teams do the same?.Liverpool and Man City seem to replace deadwood quickly,we seem to keep duds for far too long and just cut our losses.

Ah well,our successes far outweigh our failures..imagine being an arsenal or spurs fan!.

That would be the best club director in football! She just bought, sorry, won an award so don't be too harsh. 

Ro61   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

So I think I read that Havertz was “waiting for test results” so couldn’t play, but I can’t see the situation getting better before it gets worse at most clubs for now. Four today could easily be ten or fifteen by Saturday or Sunday.

Are players and staff not vaccinated?

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Oh grow up.

Players like Saul and Barkley don't make the bench when we have a full squad 

I don't think Michael said anything that wasn't fair

We still had a team that should have been capable of easily beating a very poor, injury hit Everton team. Also, knowing the way Chelsea is run, you can't dismiss his comments about TT getting the boot if things don't turn around quickly.

Roman won't settle for us being also rans in the league, so will third place be enough? What if we are spanked by City and Liverpool next month (very possible)  and ten points behind as early as January?  Don't forget, Roman sacked a manager who won the double and finished second in his two seasons, so at this point I'd say it's 50/50 TT will be our manager next season.

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I don't think Michael said anything that wasn't fair

We still had a team that should have been capable of easily beating a very poor, injury hit Everton team. Also, knowing the way Chelsea is run, you can't dismiss his comments about TT getting the boot if things don't turn around quickly.

Roman won't settle for us being also rans in the league, so will third place be enough? What if we are spanked by City and Liverpool next month (very possible)  and ten points behind as early as January?  Don't forget, Roman sacked a manager who won the double and finished second in his two seasons, so at this point I'd say it's 50/50 TT will be our manager next season.

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

Are players and staff not vaccinated?

Yes, but that's not stopping huge numbers of vaxed people still getting Covid.

I hope some of the  "experts" are right in saying by this time next year we'll be dealing with Covid the same way we deal with the Flu. 

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes, but that's not stopping huge numbers of vaxed people still getting Covid.

I hope some of the  "experts" are right in saying by this time next year we'll be dealing with Covid the same way we deal with the Flu. 

Last year the same experts said eventually the virus will mutate to the point it's no longer life threatening . Now it's done it they've gone all Dad's Army on us . Don't panic !

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Last year the same experts said eventually the virus will mutate to the point it's no longer life threatening . Now it's done it they've gone all Dad's Army on us . Don't panic !

Yes.  Although they've been Dad's army since June 2020 when they worked out that the 5% number was wrong and that the 1% number was wrong and that Covid actually kills about 0.2%.
Deaths peaked at a low level 5 weeks ago and have continued to fall since.