Ro61   

My brother in law worked on the George W campaign(he's a lawyer).He keeps sending my wife pictures of empty hospitals in America during the height of the pandemic.He's a conspiracy  theorist  and a loon that should know better with his intelligence. 

Edited by Ro61

Ro61   

I'm retired and usually watch our full match replays on a great site I was able to download,but this match I can't watch again.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

That would be the best club director in football! She just bought, sorry, won an award so don't be too harsh. 

So, you're happy to join holiests' list of misogynists by questioning the judgement of Marina Granovskaia.

I personally can't  remember a time in the Roman Abramovich era when we had so many underperforming overpriced high-wage signings, never. It's like we've made good money with our player dealings, then threw it away on overpriced ill-fitted forwards.

Even when we're fully fit, we just don't have a game changer of any consistent or reliable form, a player whose moment of brilliance can turn a game around, a player who takes it upon himself to pull us out of a bad situation, we don't. There is no give-me-the-ball player in the middle of the park. 

Next season is the turning point, imo, for director, manager, Werner, Havertz and Lukaku. There'll come the OGS moment for some. Although I do have a feeling there will be those asking for Havertz to be given a third, 4th, 5th season to become a top player, those who believe a turnaround was only a few games away. 

Ro61   
38 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

So, you're happy to join holiests' list of misogynists by questioning the judgement of Marina Granovskaia.

I personally can't  remember a time in the Roman Abramovich era when we had so many underperforming overpriced high-wage signings, never. It's like we've made good money with our player dealings, then threw it away on overpriced ill-fitted forwards.

Even when we're fully fit, we just don't have a game changer of any consistent or reliable form, a player whose moment of brilliance can turn a game around, a player who takes it upon himself to pull us out of a bad situation, we don't. There is no give-me-the-ball player in the middle of the park. 

Next season is the turning point, imo, for director, manager, Werner, Havertz and Lukaku. There'll come the OGS moment for some. Although I do have a feeling there will be those asking for Havertz to be given a third, 4th, 5th season to become a top player, those who believe a turnaround was only a few games away. 

The thing that gets me is the complete opposing views on players abilities.I mean Caravaggio is the best artist that I have had the privilege to view his works.Piccasso's work looks like my grandson could do better.

Edited by Ro61

2 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

The thing that gets me is the complete opposing views on players abilities.

It shouldn't because that's just the way it is (and always has been)on football forums.

Ro61   
9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

It shouldn't because that's just the way it is (and always has been)on football forums.

I guess so, but I still find it fascinating.

There’s no shame losing the title to Man C or Liverpool. But I think we realistically need to brace ourselves for us not winning the title. There’s still a severe lack of a goalscorer. It’s not because we don’t create, for some reason it just doesn’t happen. 

Should have won by several goals yesterday but instead they get a lucky punch and a point they didn’t deserve. Same old story. 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

There’s no shame losing the title to Man C or Liverpool. But I think we realistically need to brace ourselves for us not winning the title. There’s still a severe lack of a goalscorer. It’s not because we don’t create, for some reason it just doesn’t happen. 

Should have won by several goals yesterday but instead they get a lucky punch and a point they didn’t deserve. Same old story. 

Yep, unfortunately, we just aren’t at the same level as Man City and Liverpool and honestly, no massive shame in that as they are currently at a very very high level. The frustration is though, that if we could actually finish, we’d be a lot closer to them in overall quality and could be considered a genuine title contender.

Too often and for too long we’ve been poor in the final third and it doesn’t seem to matter how much money we throw at it or what managers we bring in, the issue remains and whilst it does, we won’t get anywhere near a league title.

I don’t think Tuchel helps the situation with his constant changing of the front 3 and I know at times it’s been down to injuries, but our attacking players never get the chance to build up a natural understanding like the front 3 of Liverpool, because we have a different front 3 for each game.

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Much as I saw it.  We are going from vastly outperforming xG and blaming our strikers for their finishing, to vastly underperforming xG and blaming our midfield for lack of creativity.

I think you need to understand how xG is calculated and how easy it is to "game" it. Our style of play, whether we're on it or not, will always tend to generate a higher xG than perhaps one would expect. You are well aware of my distain for the sabermetric insofar as it attempts to reduce the entirety of a game of football into a single statistic. These artificial summaries may work in sports that are stop/start or a series of individual, distinct plays however in a game that is constantly ebbing and flowing it ends up producing a nonsensical figure that repesents a generalised synopsis of 90 minutes. xG is a sabermetric in its intention and as such, if it has any worth it is over the course of a season as a whole and not individual games.

I prefer to use my eyes and they told me that we were ineffective in breaking down a well martialled defense, whereas Everton took their chance calmly and effectively. Yes we had players missing but Everton were decimated. Indeed, one might argue the eleven players we started with may well have done so even if all players were available, given the state of the opposition and the games coming up.

No, I feel by having watched the game without having to resort to an Excel spreadsheet I can sumarise that our forwards were ineffective, partly because of the quality of their finishing but also the lack of meaningful support from midfield. We depend entirely on our wing backs to overload the defense and we are 50% deficient in that just now, and for the forseeable future. There is no attacking threat from Jorginho whatsoever and RLC floats in and out of games infuriating us with his ephemeral skills.

I know you love Jorginho but surely you see that in this setup where we have no killer forwards his worth is limited. I'll accept that there is little option but to continue with him for now but he should not be seen as the bedrock of the side moving forward. We desperately need a killer striker and a player like a young Fabregas to run midfield. At the moment we are a glass cannon of a side, all to easy to have our guns spiked.

Edited by Holymoly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The Burnley, United and Everton games are all repeats of each other. What should be 5-0 victories, games done at half time, 1-0 up within 5-10 minutes, end up 1-1 with us nervously snatching for a win in the last 10 minutes. 

Even games where we didn't play as well, nor dominate to the same extent, Brentford, West Ham, Watford and Leeds, we had enough spells of domination and chance creation to put the games to bed earlier. 

The only game where we did nothing was the City game. Even the Liverpool game was full of chances for 2-0 being wasted until the red card.