5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Perhaps I should apologise for arguing my case and having the temerity to disagree with your view?

However you try and spin it Droy the upshot remains, xG means NOTHING! No-one will win an award for having the highest xG. It does not follow that having a better xG than the opposition means you will win. Often the reverse may well be true but you have it arse about elbow.

I'm glad you think xG means nothing - it is a valid argument, even for people like you who know nothing about it.
So why bother to lecture me on specific points when it something you think means nothing and don't understand?
Or make specific statements on our xG which are plain wrong?

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I think you need to understand how xG is calculated and how easy it is to "game" it. Our style of play, whether we're on it or not, will always tend to generate a higher xG than perhaps one would expect.

ROTG   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or are people still making excuses for SFL?

Only you seem to be fascinated with SFL “It’s very troll-ish”

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Certainly not given his last two appearances , rustier than Terry Waites bike .

Or the five games before his injury where he failed to score. 100K for a foward who plays like someone wearing tight jeans. 

8 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Just been here long enough to know what people obsessed about for years.  Mostly the point seems to be that Frank was shortchanged by not being given any players in 2019 and short changed by being given lemons in 2020.  
When you see people moan about players who weren't even available yesterday, we know it isn't about yesterday.

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Or the five games before his injury where he failed to score. 100K for a foward who plays like someone wearing tight jeans. 

I always imagine he's carrying an American fridge freezer on his back.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Just been here long enough to know what people obsessed about for years.  Mostly the point seems to be that Frank was shortchanged by not being given any players in 2019 and short changed by being given lemons in 2020.  
When you see people moan about players who weren't even available yesterday, we know it isn't about yesterday.

Give a rest , of course it was about yesterday , you weren't so clever you didn't see it happening were you ? Unlike all the people who've noticed the same pattern in all our games , namely we don't convert chances created to goals scored and the attack and midfield generally don't carry their weight in that respect .

It's the same whether we have no strikers or all three available none of them offer any consistency of quality , it's like dipping into a tin of quality street with a blindfold , you never know what you're going to get . 

Ham   
10 hours ago, Ro61 said:

My brother in law worked on the George W campaign(he's a lawyer).He keeps sending my wife pictures of empty hospitals in America during the height of the pandemic. He's a conspiracy  theorist  and a loon that should know better with his intelligence. 

It's well known that wards other than A&E/Covid were ghost towns.  There were plenty of pictures of very busy Covid wards. 

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not much to say besides this was a dreadful result, and the pessimist in me saw it coming (admittedly I'd thought it would be 0-0) in the 8th minute when we wasted our second clear opportunity to score.

I really don't think we are that far behind City and Liverpool. It's just that the very small margin in it has really big implications. And rightfully so, not complaining about that.

I think we've thrown away a huge chance this year, and all in the space of 3 or so weeks.

I agree wholeheartedly.  We put these chances away (as City and Liverpool generally do) and we're still top.  We're still within touching distance in December and I'm sure many didn't expect that (although I'd like a PL shutdown for a few weeks so we're comparing apples with apples).  We've been massively unlucky with injuries and now Covid in the past month and the media ignored that.  Unfortunately some on here are doing likewise.  

24 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Bring up any subject/player and you'll somehow end up in a debate about Sarri or SFL or Kovacic or RLC.  

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Give a rest , of course it was about yesterday , you weren't so clever you didn't see it happening were you ? Unlike all the people who've noticed the same pattern in all our games , namely we don't convert chances created to goals scored and the attack and midfield generally don't carry their weight in that respect .

It's the same whether we have no strikers or all three available none of them offer any consistency of quality , it's like dipping into a tin of quality street with a blindfold , you never know what you're going to get . 

Not true Mark.  The toffee pennies are easy to recognise by shape.  

• Haha 1

RDCW   
49 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

I really do wish he would carry on his homoerotic relationship with Frank's memory in private. The rest of us have moved on, but we continue to be forced to endure the lovesick ramblings of a thwarted obsessive. Poor chap. 

We should have buried them in the first half hour. Hopefully an enforced break can help us out.

Turned it off before full-time because I didn't want to subject myself to the sight of Rafa Benitez folding his glasses and tucking them into his top pocket.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well that is probably because we were converting a lot of goals per chance until the last few games.  Not my fault if you didn't realise that or see it.

53 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I really do wish he would carry on his homoerotic relationship with Frank's memory in private. The rest of us have moved on, but we continue to be forced to endure the lovesick ramblings of a thwarted obsessive. Poor chap. 

Gone from calling me a wanker to calling me gay.