chara   
19 minutes ago, Ham said:

FB_IMG_1639773462122.jpg

Pure Gold...thanks Ham.

Now...next...What is TT saying to Barkley...or Barkley to TT?

Edited by chara

I am trying to think what other options TT had, I suppose he could leave Alonso on and leave Saul on the bench, but with RLC picking up an injury, then maybe he brings on Christensen and go into midfield, or even Chalobah?

The other thing was that the score was still 0-0 at the time the subs were made, then we score and you figure ok this may work, obviously not!!

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I am trying to think what other options TT had,

Christensen, Sarr  and Kante. Even not fully fit, all would have been better options than Barkley and Saul (who imo are a complete waste of space).

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

The other thing was that the score was still 0-0 at the time the subs were made, then we score and you figure ok this may work, obviously not!!

Quite.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Christensen, Sarr  and Kante. Even not fully fit, all would have been better options than Barkley and Saul (who imo are a complete waste of space).

Quite.

TT could have tried a different tactics, different approach. I thought a manager should be able to change something more than just players. How about an open high-scoring game? Everton have not been scoring well lately.

We seem to play every single game the same; whether it's ManCity or Accrington United, whether we are chasing a goal or defending a lead. We don't have a going for the kill or shutting up shop option. Like they say, if one potion claims to cure everything, it's more likely to cure nothing at all.

Edited by Blue Rod

ROTG   
18 hours ago, chara said:

Maybe the overall issue we on the Forum have is that however it's expressed the root causes of our problems are well defined by a variety of posts...WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE......

Cold blooded get rid of list.....Dave, RLC, Pulisic, Werner. Havertz, Ziyech, Alonso.Lukaku,Saul. Barkley.Jorgi.......BUT a clear out is impossible and replacing that amount of players at one go again is impossible...a stockpiling of not quite good enough as a team performers has led to the present situation......most if not all of the group could function in a successful side but trying to get a truly successful side...read title ....with the present squad will not happen....for all the reasons listed rinsed and repeated on nearly every match posting.

The overall impression I came away with against Everton was a lack of real urgency because of the "we've got this...just stroll along and the goals will come"....

Injuries?..yes...covid?..yes....wrong chemistry ...YES...for a side to miss ....read  fail ...so many chances in one game is part of the fabric of the game,,as an anomaly...but to be repeated game after game as we are seeing is a cause for more than concern.

Something of a rambling post for which I apologise but trying to get down my view of it all........SFL had to make do...in many ways so has TT.

personally I believe it more down to the coaching and for some reason TT being very rigid when it comes to a playing formation, Ok a get the brief that in keeping with the same formation it is easier to coach players to play in a non natural position to help with squad rotation etc.

That said IMO its now more a case of TT trying to be to clever with players their positions on the pitch “maybe he is the new tinker man”.. When you watch Pulisic and Saul being used as WB it’s a real head scratcher, as it quite obvious they have no real desire to play in that position and I doubt they ever had any real coaching in that position as a junior or at their previous clubs. 

If you have a depleted squad due to injuries etc. and your bench is full of defenders or midfield players, when chasing a game surely it is easier to switch to 433, 442 to utilise the midfield strengths available on the bench. - maybe it to simple and old fashioned for modern day coaches??

37 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

If you have a depleted squad due to injuries etc. and your bench is full of defenders or midfield players, when chasing a game surely it is easier to switch to 433, 442 to utilise the midfield strengths available on the bench. - maybe it to simple and old fashioned for modern day coaches??

Had Kante been ready to play and Kovacic available, then I'm sure adding midfielders would have been a good idea for TT to consider.

ROTG   
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Had Kante been ready to play and Kovacic available, then I'm sure adding midfielders would have been a good idea for TT to consider.

Midfielders were available, however TT took the easy option of keeping the same formation rather than being positive minded. 

Did you watch the game?