ROTG   
7 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Liverpool beat them with an injury time goal, City with a dodgy penalty. But they both created far more than we did today. 

And both came away with 3pts 

I really didn't think we would challenge this season to be honest, my expectation was to close this gap by a lot which we can still do.

Nice to get a clean sheet and in the circumstances a point was pretty good.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I really didn't think we would challenge this season to be honest, my expectation was to close this gap by a lot which we can still do.

Nice to get a clean sheet and in the circumstances a point was pretty good.

I think the run and momentum we had up until the Burnley misled a lot of us into feeling we were truly in this. Bar the Leicester game, wheels have come off since then. 

RDCW   
2 minutes ago, sharve25_blueheart said:

I feel like we can forget a serious push at the title this year. Third should be straightforward if we can sort things out, but 4 wins in our last 9 PL games is absolutely not title-winning form. It looks even worse in the run of the last 6 games from, which we’ve taken 9 points. 

3rd is a long way from straightforward! The form we have shown pre-dates the latest Covid and injury issues and if we are honest we were fortunate to have as many points as we did. There is enough to show that we can play some good football, but not competitive, match-winning football. As the squad develops and is augmented with better attacking midfielders, playmaker and a striker or two we may have cause for more optimism next season, but for now top 6 looks more achievable than top 3.

Bison   
5 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

If you watched City today you would realise it is long gone.

I genuinely don't think we stand a chance of winning another league title until Guardiola leaves. Man City just have too much coaching competence and money for them not to win the league 9/10. Liverpool built a perfect side with some world class talents and even then they had to reach 99 points to secure it.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I just think we aren't going to be able to compete at that level (last league title was 5 years ago and we are no closer in my honest opinion).

Our best hope is that when Guardiola leaves Man City get on the managerial merry-go-round, they stop signing as well as they have done and their level drops like everybody else's.

If we're just a good cup team who finish top 4 then I'll take that. Could be a lost worse. 

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, didierforever said:

@paulw66

Kante played 45 mins with TC, 20 mins with saul. And we kept a clean sheet.

That's the impact kante has. 

Well done.

Wolves have scored 5 home goals all season 

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Liverpool beat them with an injury time goal, City with a dodgy penalty. But they both created far more than we did today. 

How many players did they have missing?

2 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

3rd is a long way from straightforward! The form we have shown pre-dates the latest Covid and injury issues and if we are honest we were fortunate to have as many points as we did. There is enough to show that we can play some good football, but not competitive, match-winning football. As the squad develops and is augmented with better attacking midfielders, playmaker and a striker or two we may have cause for more optimism next season, but for now top 6 looks more achievable than top 3.

I think once we manage to get a little break and get players fit we will be fine. All teams come out of slumps, we will soon I feel.

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

I genuinely don't think we stand a chance of winning another league title until Guardiola leaves. Man City just have too much coaching competence and money for them not to win the league 9/10. Liverpool built a perfect side with some world class talents and even then they had to reach 99 points to secure it.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I just think we aren't going to be able to compete at that level (last league title was 5 years ago and we are no closer in my honest opinion).

Our best hope is that when Guardiola leaves Man City get on the managerial merry-go-round, they stop signing as well as they have done and their level drops like everybody else's.

If we're just a good cup team who finish top 4 then I'll take that. Could be a lost worse. 

Agreed. Let’s not forget we are current European champions so can’t get to greedy!

I really would like to win the world club championship and go on about being world champions like the scousers did!