I hope for the PL’s sake we’re not forced into bringing on one of not fully fit players, who then gets injured trying to play too many minutes and is then out for a long period of time. Not that they’d care.

Take us out of the equation, it is just terrible governance to make these decisions based on judgement over set criteria. It makes the PL very vulnerable to criticism (although it does not seem to care about that) and accusation.

Wolves v Chelsea: Confirmed team news
Published1 minute ago
Wolves make three changes, including Raul Jimenez returning from suspension to replace the injured Hwang Hee-chan.

Ki-Jana Hoever and Leander Dendoncker replace Nelson Semedo and Francisco Trincao.

Wolves: Sa, Coady, Saiss, Kilman, Hoever, Marcal, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Podence, Jimenez. Subs: Moulden, Ruddy, Jordao, Trincao, Semedo, Traore, Cundle, Bueno.

Chelsea make two changes from their 1-1 draw with Everton, with N'Golo Kante and Trevoh Chalobah replacing the injured Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Jorginho.

With four players out with Covid, Chelsea only name a six-man bench, including midfielder Mateo Kovacic, who has been out for 11 games, and two goalkeepers.

Chelsea: Mendy, Rudiger, Silva, Azpilicueta, James, Alonso, Chalobah, Kante, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic. Subs: Kepa, Bettinelli, Kovacic, Saul, Barkley, Sarr.

It is a good team - should win.  We have 6 subs, Wolves have 8 (both have 2 GKs).  Pretty sure that Saul Barkley and Sarr are as good as their subs (unless Traore clicks for the first time in a few years).

Rather now with this team than in one of the two or three mid-week slots still open this season.
The Brentford LC mid-week game might well get postponed given Brentford covid was the reason for yesterdays game being called off.

Think this shows Havetz has COVID, still don't know why we didn't send some kids along, Leeds had a 15 year old on bench, if we can get a 2 or 3 goal cushion (don't expect to), we should send on Bettinelli up top for 10 mins, show how bad this is, after all, Peter Schmichael I think it was or maybe Joe Hart played as an outfield player for 10 mins

I remember when Marvin Hinton was the Sub bench.

4 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

Think this shows Havetz has COVID, still don't know why we didn't send some kids along, Leeds had a 15 year old on bench, if we can get a 2 or 3 goal cushion (don't expect to), we should send on Bettinelli up top for 10 mins, show how bad this is, after all, Peter Schmichael I think it was or maybe Joe Hart played as an outfield player for 10 mins

I think TT did that already at the week end when he brought on the cavalry of Barkley and Saul.

But if we have to, my vote is for Mendy to push up as CF.

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 minute ago, Cheatedagain said:

I would imagine the club are trying to keep the squads separate, with covid clearly running through the first team squad, they won’t want to risk exposing the U23 squad to that, because unlike the PL they care about the health of the players.