My Blood Is Blue

Brentford 0 Chelsea 2

paulw66   
58 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I disagree, though Kepa did well yesterday it was just one test.

I think when Mendy goes Kepa will struggle with set pieces yet at least he will save some and is at least decent on penalties. 

Whenever kepa has played under Tuchel he has been absolutely fine 

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Whenever kepa has played under Tuchel he has been absolutely fine 

In my opinion , and I was the harshest of his critics , he's been truly excellent recently , looks like he has regained his self belief , which is fantastic. 

didn't see it but we should be happy to have passed and hopefully by the Spuds game we are better stocked with players, maybe even a few new faces.

Holymoly   

A relief to see a game won but at the end of the day it was only Brentford and let's be honest we could/should have been 2-0 down by half time. Now we've got a semi against a Conte fueled Spuds which ain't going to be easy and we can't write it off as irrelevant as it IS Spuds. The pressure doesn't let up. We really do need a full squad to pick from moving into the New Year.

Sciatika   
12 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Young puppy

I have seen quite a few young puppies playing in the first team!

13 hours ago, chara said:

That's you and me MT...anyone else stepping up to join is?

I will join the old geezers club if I can, dad took me to the bridge in the 50's and I was indeed at both Leeds finals, in fact I was behind the goal when Ozzie scored our equalizer at Old Trafford. 

What a night that was :)

Edited by Phoenix Blue

14 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Wow!  You must be a right old geezer.😉 I remember going to the bridge in the mid 80's when I lived in London.I Payed a tenner to get into the west stand at the turnstiles and see us win and get hammered in equal measure,and all washed down with half a dozen pints, before the drinking main event after the game.

I remember paying 4 quid to stand in the middle of the shed to look at the electric fence, no booking just turn up and enter back in the early 80s

chara   
1 hour ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I will join the old geezers club if I can, dad took me to the bridge in the 50's and I was indeed at both Leeds finals, in fact I was behind the goal when Ozzie scored our equalizer at Old Trafford. 

What a night that was :)

As we discussed a while back...within 20 yds of each other at OT...a night indeed....

So...as Chris would have said in "The Magnificent Seven"...that's three!

Edited by chara

Blue Rod   
15 hours ago, Ro61 said:

I was quite happy with the way we played given the circumstances.I hate the sideways,backwards football,but with the players we had available you can hardly expect TT to play gung ho football.

When we get a fully fit team,that's when I will judge Tuchel.Napoleon said he would rather have a lucky general than a good one, Is TT lucky?.

We were not lucky winning the champion's league,we were not lucky to outplay Man city and both Madrid teams.Granted we haven't maintained that high standard,but christ give the guy a chance.Imo we need to ship out at least six players.If we continue to stagnate under normal conditions I will be the first to call for his head,as will Roman.

As I said, I hope that we can build on this result. It was only Brentford, but given our current run and the way we started, it was an important win

Whatever the style we choose to play, the squad should be comfortable with it. We can't have 24 styles for 24 players. Kante is not our best passer of the ball. But if he can hit meaningful passes and play more directly within minutes of coming on, then so should the rest of the team. The philosophy of our game should be embraced by each and every player. If TT wants us to carry on with this so-called slow build-up, then that is what it is. He must make it work, whether Kante is playing or not. If it isn't working, then it is up to him to change it. This is not a covid or selection issue. It is a style/strategy/approach issue.

Throughout the match, Brentford were consistent in their approach. As soon as they touched the ball, they were on the move with or without the ball. If they had good finishing and good final balls, we could have been two goals or more down in the first half. They maintained their forward approach whoever was playing.   

It's an important point you've made; we won the CL on merit, creating more chances than City and could have won 3-0 and it would not have flattered us. But again, we were playing a completely different football, more direct. Even Werner looked more like a striker then, despite his misses. We've got the same manager and the same squad. So, I am hopeful that we can turn things around. But I just wish that we could look beyond the fog of covid and see what has really changed in our game and why we are struggling.

17 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Wow!  You must be a right old geezer.😉 I remember going to the bridge in the mid 80's when I lived in London.I Payed a tenner to get into the west stand at the turnstiles and see us win and get hammered in equal measure,and all washed down with half a dozen pints, before the drinking main event after the game.

I remember one of my first trips to the Bridge.

A couple of hours to kill before kick off, so we had a pint then one of my mates wanted to buy a nice jumper. Had a stroll round and found a men's shop with a quality looking jumper in the window, so we went in with the intention of my mate buying it. That is until he was told it cost four hundred ******* pounds👎 which was almost a couple of weeks wages back then for us in the Midlands.