My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 2

Leo91   
14 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Kante and Kovacic played like proper midfielders. I think they took Liverpool by surprise with the way they went for everything, first ball, second ball, movement with and without the ball. 

Thats where we are the best in the league in my opinion. Add Mounts pressing to that as well. We just need to figure out the final third. 

2 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

Opened his mouth.

Tried to claim you have to elbow with the point of your elbow for it to be a red...laughable

They just can’t call anything out against their own team. So boring.

3 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Kante and Kovacic played like proper midfielders. I think they took Liverpool by surprise with the way they went for everything, first ball, second ball, movement with and without the ball. 

The definition of good midfield play has changed certainly. I still look back to the days of Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Maka, Mikel (add Fabregas to that) when we would dictate the game and very rarely if ever look uncomfortable. 

I thought we looked uncomfortable a lot today. Had some good periods but a lot of uncomfortable periods.

Also, you couldn't really list too many chances carved out by us this game. I can think of 3 for Pulisic and 1 for Alonso. 

City have raised the bar high but even if they didn't we are still not yielding enough PPG to mount a title challenge. If the season continues like this we can only finish on 77 pts and that average is rapidly decreasing also. That figure is nowhere near Champions level even if City weren't around. Tuchel can blame injuries and Covid and Lukaku, sure, but we just seem like a team that needs to improve. Maybe not personnel wise but in terms of our pattern of play.

Bison   

Both Liverpool and goals framed on Sky as good Liverpool goals and finishing. Both Chelsea goals framed as avoidable Liverpool mistakes.

Really proud of our team today, with all the injuries we’ve got, with the covid issues we’ve had and the crap Lukaku has thrown in, they performed fantastically. 

Play like this for the rest of the season and top 4 isn’t in doubt.

We just desperately need a couple of players who can finish properly and consistently.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Carragher made a fool of himself there.  

He's a Ninja level imbecile.

Yes, he embarrassed himself, and when Jimmy called him out for Liverpool bias he brought up the non- red for Mount. Which is taking false equivalence to ridiculous levels.

Not sure how I feel about that. Overall, our best performance in months ... but still severely hampered by screwing up simple chances and giving away a needless goal, all in the first 8 minutes. 0-2 at 24 minutes did not reflect either team's performance but it perfectly reflected what Liverpool do well and we, of late, have been really poor at. We should never have been in a position to need a roaring comeback. 

Hopefully it does something for morale because it does nothing for the table. 

6 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

They just can’t call anything out against their own team. So boring.

Well , let's be fair , nobody asks for their windows to be bricked . 

Rarely does it happen, but I do agree with what Carragher was just saying about what City now do in this league and that in the not to distant past, an away draw against Spurs (or other top 6/8 team) wouldn’t feel like a terrible result (in terms of title race), whereas with this City team any dropped points your side gets feel really bad because Man City rarely drop points. They are a relentless machine.