My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19.45 hours on Wednesday, 5th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on Sky Sports.

Managed to get £12.50 tickets for this game. Categorised as restricted view, but the only problem is being cut off from one of the Shed End corners. View is normal otherwise, as.per below photo. Will be my fiancée's chance to learn just how much we hate Tottenham :)

anonymous-20200218023826.jpg

Not at all sure what to expect in terms of team selection. The players are at breaking point and this comes 3 days after what will be an intense duel with Liverpool. I don't want us to allow Spurs an easy route to a trophy possibility though...

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Thanks 1

So, on to the next one. I’ll miss the first half as will be coaching my U11s… hoping none of them has done any silly interviews over the Christmas break!

I think Tuchel will rotate as much as he can in this one, Chalobah will be a doubt after having to come off bs Liverpool and no doubt the big question will be… does Lukaku return? My guess, no he doesn’t.

Kepa

Sarr - Silva - Rudiger

Azpi - Jorginho - Kovacic - CHO

Ziyech - Havertz - Mount

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

asvaberg   

This has a Lukaku-hat-trick written all over it :)

Upset a few on here, but TT needs to play his strongest team available, TOTTENHAM will play their strongest team, no doubt about it.Chesterfield next up so they can pick a reserve team for that one

Kepa,Azpi,Silva,Ruddiger,Odi,Kova,Jorgino,Pulisic,Mount,Lukaku,Ziyech

5 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Upset a few on here, but TT needs to play his strongest team available, TOTTENHAM will play their strongest team, no doubt about it.Chesterfield next up so they can pick a reserve team for that one

Agreed with this. If we had won both the Brighton and Liverpool games, maybe I'd feel differently.

But with the way it's gone, might as well go all in for this. 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

1. Tottenham haven't won a trophy since 2008. They will take anything they can get

2. They had a nice gentle xmas, new year with 2 games called off in December for COVID

3. Our players have been running on empty

4. There is no glory (for us) in winning the LC (see point 1)

5. Spurs don't have to worry about competing in Europe or the World Club Cup later this season

I honestly just want to see us get through the semi finals with no new injuries, and I'll be happy. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

1. Tottenham haven't won a trophy since 2008. They will take anything they can get

4. There is no glory (for us) in winning the LC (see point 1)

There is glory in stopping Tottenham winning a trophy. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I don't want to risk our own objectives, purely to stop theirs. Them winning the LC is not going to change them overnight, in the way that qualifying for the CL would help with income and attracting players. 

Ham   
4 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

The universe has been doing that without our help. 

• Like 1