My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

2 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Don’t blame him, after that performance!

Marina G will be having a nice glass of prosecco with a little smile on her face. 

Ham   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This ignoring the players we had missing at the back..... If I was a Spurs fan, I'd have been extremely hopeful of scoring, but they were impotent.

To claim, as the Spurs manager that he simply has the inferior team, is weak IMO

All of that was a message to Levy about the quality of his squad.  

Bison   
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This ignoring the players we had missing at the back..... If I was a Spurs fan, I'd have been extremely hopeful of scoring, but they were impotent.

To claim, as the Spurs manager that he simply has the inferior team, is weak IMO

It was so over the top. Surely the Spurs fans are wondering why they came out so flat against a London rival in a semi-final? Norwich aside, that was the worst team to have come to the Bridge this season.

Leo91   

Followed the game on the radio at work. Sounded very comfortable. I thought the change of formation could have been a problem but apparently not. 

Would have been interesting to see the reaction to Lukaku scoring, the crowd and the players. 

paulw66   
44 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Exactly. Conte playing politics already. Him and Levy. Can’t see that ending well.

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

All of that was a message to Levy about the quality of his squad.  

Guess so

Ruudboy   
54 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Marina G will be having a nice glass of prosecco with a little smile on her face. 

More likely vodka and a big grin 😀 

Blue Rod   

What I like about this performance is the sense of freedom with which we played. Even when one payer misplaced a pass, another immediately anticipated and cleared it up. It wasn't that  We were dominant from start to finish. Saul and Sarr were a nice surprise. I think having Rudiger beside him made a hell of a difference t Sarr. You could almost see Rudi's energy wrapping around the little fellow.

The fact that despite our dominance, both our goals were scored by Spurs is something that can't be ignored in the analysis.

I hope that I have not spoken too soon, but Spurs team reminds me of a dilapidated gastronom pub waiting for planning permission to be knocked down and redeveloped into a block of flats. How they pull out results in PL is a mystery. I see a lot of room for conflict there between Conte and the powers. Can they afford to keep Kane and find the money for rebuilding? I very much doubt. Conte will need at least two clear seasons of rebuilding.

It was nice to see that the team welcomed Lukaku back with open arms. The £100m question of whether he has improved us remains just that. 

7 hours ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Sarr does seem to be getting  better by the game, if christensen does go then I think Sarr can take his place, Ruddiger is going to be a big loss IF he goes

Sarr did ok yesterday because he won the majority of his dive-in tackles.  He was still out of position a lot. 

He is nowhere near the level of Christensen - they are completely different players.  I think Sarr would struggle to get into the lineup of any premiership team.  Rudiger and Christensen and Azpi would all be big losses if they were to leave.